Input please

by IP_SEC 18 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

No prophecor, not that kinda input. :P

On another thread I said, When the time comes I will never DA myself but will force my bros to DF me. The reason as I see it is to maybe help some to see the fallacy of the whole thing. If I DA myself, well then I left them. If I?m DF?d well then perhaps it was against my will. If I am DF?d, I plan to continue going to all the meetings. I will go up to people and continue to talk to them. I hope this will show them how silly it is to go from being good friends with someone one day to not even acknowledging their existence the next day.

Has anyone tried this? What were the results?

Thanks

IPSec

• garybuss
    garybuss

You are obviously a person who does not own a Play Station 2.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Actually I do, I just hope I can take care of this project before Final Fantasy XII comes out. Well I guess I could do it after I finish the game??? ;)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ditto Garybuss ...

Why bother ??? ... You only have one life (from what we know by now)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Sometimes I wonder why bother? Why give the WTS any say so whatsoever?

That's why I prefer the slow fade over any of the options you mention. You know in most any other religion you can just quit going without any repercussions, why are the JW's different. I'll tell ya for control! Why give them the control?

Even though I've done the slow fade my JW family still treats me like a worldly person?, someone who they will talk to but not associate with. I guess in that regard I've settled with the debil, but in my own way it's how I stick it back at them because they are too weak to figure out I'm so gone and so over with this JW crap that they've chosen to don't ask, she won't tell and we can still speak to her.

It totally sucks what this religion does IN THE NAME OF LOVE? to families.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I will go up to people and continue to talk to them. I hope this will show them how silly it is to go from being good friends with someone one day to not even acknowledging their existence the next day.

i admire your faith in human nature. unfortunately, the lesson would be lost on jehovahs witnesses, what with their "monkey see, monkey do" mentality. they will be only too glad to freeze you, so why give them the satisfaction of deliberately shunning you?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I sometimes have a hard time wanting to be with people I like. I never wish I was at a Witness meeting. It wouldn't be showing appreciation to leave my laptop and my PS2 sitting unused at home (not to mention the Direct TV and my books:-)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Why bother? Well I guess for one thing I feel tremendous guilt and shame over teaching people that trusted me that the Society was the way, the truth, and the light. For giving parts on the Society's ever changing teachings on blood. For being involved in taking people stretched to the limit and telling them their problem was not going in service enough or forsaking the gathering blah blah. For recruiting new sheep, and making them dependant on the Council of Brooklyn.

Cant just completely turn my back on them after helping to make them what they are... So I respect your feelings but I got my reasons too.

Also, if I do not allow them to dehumanize me in their eyes by continuing to treat them well how is that giving them control?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Also, if I do not allow them to dehumanize me in their eyes by continuing to treat them well how is that giving them control?

Sorry I didn't address this.

My feelings on it, or wait my thinking on it is great! Get into their faces at meetings and keep speaking to them just as if you weren't DF'ed. I did that with my son when he was DF'ed, I let every JW I spoke to know I was still speaking to my son just as before. Their reaction was basically to mark ? me, but it's ok it helped me see the unloving organization for what it is a cult! I'm out and happy they are still there suffering in silence.........oh just wait 'till the fat lady sings!

It's also not about how you treat them, but how they will and are going to treat you. You know what it's all good, you'll see and I agree with you don't stoop to their low expatiations or standards. Chin up! Remember this saying; "don't let the bastards get you down" that became my mantra!

Have fun! Life is meant to be fun even in the lowest times if you see the humor in it it makes it easier.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Get into their faces at meetings and keep speaking to them just as if you weren't DF'ed.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Therefore I reserve my right to talk to whom I please. Then I force them to be stooopid and act like I'm not there. That has to have an effect on people. That has to make them stop and wonder if they are doing the right thing. Doesnt it? Thats why I'm asking if anyone has done this and what the result was. The theory is in my brain. I wanna hear about how it works in practice.

So bickerchic they just continued to ignore you? Wow man thats cold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit