Why the warm welcome?

by wanderlustguy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I've caught it...the "welcome bug" and you are all to blame. When I posted my story on here everyone jumped in and said welcome, and that was probably the most healing thing I've experienced...or at least the first time in forever I felt good about a choice I made. So I caught myself doing it today, see a newbie saying hello...and then I HAVE to say welcome.Then I asked myself...why? For me it's because it makes me feel good to let someone else know they are ok, like was done for me. And it's not hoping they will do something else that give ME pride (like at the hall when everyone loves you until you get dipped, then forget you), but just the knowledge that maybe I can help someone overcome a little bit of the sadness that comes from knowing everything you were taught was wrong. For me, the welcome means - you have a home here, no one will judge you, and you are absolutely not alone.

What does welcome mean to you?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Once we persuade you to get baptized in a tub of beer, all the kindness will go away.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I welcome those newly in because it can be a pretty harrowing trip to get in the door in the first place. For me I was scared to death to even look for information about JW's on the net, and when I finally got here my entire world had been uprooted and tossed out of the window of reality regarding the truth about " The Truth ".

Coming in here so many are in such a state of shock that they need the warm welcomes and reasurrance that they are in an OK space and we, as a community are not of the devil but are attempting, even as they are usually, a necessary healing. To reduce the shock to the system new ones may feel when coming on board and to make them feel at home is why I welcome them.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ever see the movie "Pay it Forward"? If you haven't, please do. Its a few years old but sums this up nicely.

Yes, welcome to the board, I missed saying it earlier because I missed the thread.

And yes, part is to make you feel better, but I feel better after saying it!

Sherry

• prophecor
    prophecor

Sorry am I as well wanderlustguy, as I also missed your opening thread, welcome to you as well.

• Swan
    Swan

I somehow missed you!

Welcome Wanderlustguy!

Tammy

P.S. Why the warm welcome? It's part of our love bombing process to get you to join our growing anti-cult. Before long we will have you at one of our apostafests and participating in our secret goat head kissing ritual!

• holly
    holly

I missed your birthday too. SO HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MAY ALL YOUR BIRTHDAY WISHES COME TRUE

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

For me, the welcome means - you have a home here, no one will judge you, and you are absolutely not alone.

What does welcome mean to you?

actually the same

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Many here have been through alot of crap in their lives. Gratis the WTS and its benevolent organization. Being sarcastic

Welcome to this warm and caring place. We have all been through many of the same things and that is how we can relate to one another. So hoping you feel the warmth and continue on with us.

love Orangefatcat

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome wonderlustguy!

For me it's because it makes me feel good to let someone else know they are ok, like was done for me. And it's not hoping they will do something else that give ME pride (like at the hall when everyone loves you until you get dipped, then forget you), but just the knowledge that maybe I can help someone overcome a little bit of the sadness that comes from knowing everything you were taught was wrong. For me, the welcome means - you have a home here, no one will judge you, and you are absolutely not alone.

Awww........ very good grasshoppa' you learn well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit