Guess who is going to Australia?!?!

by Kismet 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Seven
    Seven

RhW, ROTFLMAO!! I've seen this type before-look like Joey Buttafuoco of Long Island Lolita fame. Hey Darwin, found your missing link.seven

• spectromize
    spectromize

Seven,

It's not the American's I'm worried about, it's the Canadian's!

They are so dumb at times they even thank their banking machines! (We are know'n worldwide for our oddities)

Edited by - spectromize on 20 August 2000 17:59:50

• waiting
    waiting

Congratulations Kismet!!!!

I hope it works out for you. You might keep these in mind, however:

The trouble with these international events is that they attract foreigners. Robert Morley

At least in the the South usa, they aren't especially fond of foreigners.

The broad Australian accent is a legitimate form of speech and should not be stigmatized as a speech defect needing correction.

Southerners also don't like foreigners to make fun of their accent.

Since I'm a Yankee - I had to learn these views the hard way - then I turned Southern.

Have a good trip, eh?

waiting

• Maxee
    Maxee

If you want to come visit me you can I am 3 hours out of Sydney

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I just wanted to back up a few posts to Spectrum's comments:

It's not the American's I'm worried about, it's the Canadian's!

They are so dumb at times they even thank their banking machines! (We are know'n worldwide for our oddities)

I don't know anyone who thanks their bank machines. Just because we're polite, say please, thank you, excuse me, and sorry means we have basic manners and some class, not that we're dumb.

Why don't you Americans try telling someone you're Canadian when you travel and see if you're not treated differently, perhaps better even?

Path

Edited by - Pathofthorns on 20 August 2000 22:5:32

• waiting
    waiting

Path...........

If memory serves me right, Spectrum wanted to move out of Canada because it's so cold up there where he is a native Canadian.

Self respect is the secure feeling that no one, as yet, is suspicious. HL Mencken

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 20 August 2000 22:44:9

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Yea KISMET!!!! I'm so happy for you! Now scrape enough moolah together to fly over here to Perth before you go back home!!!!

Hugs and congrats!
    RCat

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Speaking of Bondi, I have a friend who owns an apartment right on Bondi beach, and he's renting it out during the Olympics.. so if you need a place to stay while you're there, HOLLER!!!!

RCat

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Hey Kismet!!! Got an update for us? How's the plans going for the trip? Hope you get to go!!

RCat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit