Faith and the Meaning of Life For Bozos

by Farkel 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Peace my brother,..... may the god of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Ruth , Obadiah, and Chronicles be with you.

You forgot Onan. Onan was cool.

Farkel

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Farkel's back! The dead DO rise up!

CZAR

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hey Farkel:

Nice to hear from you again. You DO have a way of cutting to the chase.

Certain kinds of faith cause more human misery and destruction than can be imagined. Consider the Crusades and Inquisition. Consider Islamic jihad. Consider dubs and blood transfusions. All needless murder of innocent victims; all the result of religious leaders making up shit that surely is repulsive and abhorrent to any respectable God.

The more I read of the horrors imposed on innocents down through the centuries in the name of "religion", the more disturbed I become with all religion. But I do appreciate your generosity and logic here....

I would opine that some faith is ok, if used in moderation. I see nothing particularly wrong with having some hope of a more pleasant after life which is freely given by a kind God.

....and

So if you must use faith in your life, use it in moderation

I do appreciate those who are content in their "happy place" with their hopes and belief in the afterlife, but I'm still working on what makes sense to me so I guess I fall into the category of "those who are still searching for the meaning of life".

So if and when you do figure it out....let me know and I'll ponder over what you have found. At least I'm confident you won't be one of the those "bunch of human idiots making up shit and telling us what and what not to do."

Cheers,

Had Enough

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Great post Farkel ... I see you are back in form with your full Farkelmeister Powers at peak performance ... Jim W.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I too was wondering where on earth is Farkel, then I go to active post section and there you are. Farkel you have been missed, thanks for this post that confirms my own thinking on the subject matter you talk about. I don't think we will ever find out the meaning of life on this side of whatever is on the other side.Now don't you become inactive anymore.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit