My wife wants me to write down my questions

by Goldminer 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

My wife knows I have many douts about the WTS because of things that have happened that have made me question certain teachings.I have been inactive for 6 yrs now and I have no desire to ever become active again.I love my wife very much(she is presently inactive also) and I wish she would see my point of view or at least look into the society's past but she's a die-hard jw,hanging on no matter what they do or say.

Anyways,we had a chat last week and she told me to write down all the questions I have and then she'll do everything to get me the answers.I'm assuming she'll give the question list to an elder she believes she can trust and he'll come up with logical answers to all my questions, then I'll humbly return to all my meetings and progress spiritually.

I'm asking everyone's help to draw up a good list even though I am not very confident of getting any real,logical or intelligent answers to all of them.I understand if the elders are stumbled by these questions,they might take the easy route-label me an apostate and try to df me.If that's the case then I'll stand my ground and hopefully my wife will see that nobody really wants to answer my questions.

A CO once tried to answer my questions about 607 vs 587.I told my wife when he runs out of real proof and answers he'll tell me to wait on Jehovah.That's exactly what happened!!!!!

Thank you everyone for your help on this one.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    but she's a die-hard jw,hanging on no matter what they do or say.

If she's a die hard jw, why is she inactive? and for how long inactive?

• FairMind
    FairMind

Chances are that the minute she gives your list of questions to a “trusted elder” your disfellowshipping is just a matter of time and her disfellowshipping too if she entertains any of the same questions.

FM

• undercover
    undercover

Well, what are your doubts? Maybe you should make a list of everything that bothers you about the WTS and then research it. In doing that research if you want input from us, we'll be glad to give it, but I think you need to look into yourself to see why you don't believe and not use other people's reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean this in a cruel way. I'm just thinking that it would be hard for you to defend a position if you used someone else's list. What if you used something from my list and I was wrong about something?

You are right about one thing though, you won't get real, logical answers from them in return. While the entire exercise might be a waste of time, if your wife sees that certain issues can't be explained very well by the elders, it might give her reason to doubt.

Good luck.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I figured somebody would ask me that.I guess die hard in the sense that she truly believes that they are Jehovah's true earthly organization.I said to her if the WTS said the sky was green would you believe it?She looked out the window and said well,sometimes it looks turquoise to me.I just laughed,and I think you can understand that deep ingrained jw mentality she has.

• Simon
    Simon

I wouldn't write down questions if I were you. That list will become solid proof to them and enable you to be df'd or da'd.

I ended up with an elder telling me that he *could* answer my question ... as long as I wrote it down. He must have imagines I was as stupid as he was !

• willyloman
    willyloman

Is she is a "die hard" dub, you will be wasting your time. If she's inactive, she's probably been "stumbled" in some way. I'd find out what caused that, if I didn't already know, and THAT would be the lone item on my "list." Chances are she just doesn't feel the love at the KH. The lack of love trumps doctrinal issues every time.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

The reason I asked, Goldminer, is that "die hard" and "inactive" just doesn't mix. You know what I mean.

I thought I was a die hard jw too, although I was inactive, and thought I would never leave the organization. As I was brought up in it and my Dad and brother are elders, I never imagined I'd ever leave. But I did, so there is hope for your wife, I'm sure.

cj

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I was impressed with the question, "If eating liver is different than taking a liver transplant, why is eating blood considered the same as taking a blood transplant?" The Watchtower has called blood an "organ" and has quoted a doctor saying that a 'blood transfusion is the same as a blood transplant.' They offer feeding via an IV to show it is like 'eating', but no organs are pumped into people to feed them, they are given substances as food. The body consumes the food, versus a transfusion where the body uses it as the organ that it is.

Present your questions in the form of "Some people have wondered..." or "A guy at work asked..." so it can't be easily pinned on you. But the other posters are right, they'll start warming up their "apostate" rubberstamp as soon as they hear the list.

(When an elder saw my "birthday" document, his comment was, "This looks like apostate reasoning, where did you get this?")

Dave

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

she can't be too "diehard" if she's inactive. it seems to me if she were as devout as you say, she would be practicing her "faith". p.s. i wouldn't write anything down...i mean what is the point of her asking you to do that anyway? (confused)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit