jehovah's organization and dual fulfillment prophecy

by jaredg 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    my dad disaggress and backs it up by saying that god has always had an organization or his righteous people on earth. it used to be isreal but when jesus came he changed that and established a new convenant/congregation.

If God had chosen to drop the Jews as his organization, how can he trust that one day, he won't decide maybe he likes the Mormons betther than he does the Jehovah's Witnesses?

Devon

• a Christian
    a Christian

Something else to keep in mind: In 1919 the leadership of the WTB&TS still claimed that Charles Taze Russell alone had been appointed "that servant" decades earlier. It was Rutherford who "discovered" several years later that Christ had appointed all of the "remnant" collectively as his "Faithful Slave" in 1919. He probably discovered this alone at his desk. So nobody realized in 1919 that they had been appointed over all belongings. The reason, of course, was that they had NOT been so appointed. Of course, since they were selling the world at the time one of the greatest scams ever sold - that "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" - there is no way Christ could have then found them worthy of the appointment they later claimed took place.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    If God had chosen to drop the Jews as his organization, how can he trust that one day, he won't decide maybe he likes the Mormons betther than he does the Jehovah's Witnesses?

Devon

Where does it say that the Jewish people in the HOLY LAND were dropped by Jehovah?

Please tell me, who are the Holy ones of Israel?

Please tell me, who are the Holy ones of Judah?

The Great Tribulation.

Does this mean "Trouble for the Tribal Nations"?

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

Leolaia,

I've read with interest you post but I have few practical things that bug me and I'm sure will be helpful for "jeredg" as well as many JWs raise this points when confronted.

What about baptism? who's to do it if there isn't an org? Can we bapt our selves? Who's to do the studies and how can it be preached in all inhabited earth? We can apply the parable to Individuals or to an org but are they mutualy exclusive? I know the WT say yes but should we necessarely take the opposite position?

Yeah I know too many questions but hey....

• toreador
    toreador

Good post Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit