Monopoly - Bethel /JW Edition

by TheEdge 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

I was playing Monopoly the other night and reminiscing on the different editions (I have the British, London one) - have played the American one, and various Continental, and there are various ''movie'' editions -well, last night as I was playing, I was thinking how much fun a JW one would be....need a bit of input for this..

eg, started to snigger when I picked up the ''It's your Birthday.....'' I suggest ''It's your Birthday, collect a shunning from each player''

THEN there's the Free Parking , err....''Free Bible Study''?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Congregation Chest instead of Community Chest - "Congratulations! Your bible study has been baptised. Collect £100".

Or, "You have been disfellowshipped. Go to the "Back Room". Do not pass Go. Do not collect £200."

And the locations could be Patterson, Columbia Heights, etc.

Oh, yes, the possibilities are endless!

• franklin J
    franklin J

...what about going to jail?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl
    ...what about going to jail?

Well, it has to be disfellowshipped, hasn't it? You could buy a "get out of disfellowshipping" card from the banker....err, I mean the District Overseer.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Lol - I reckon we can create a whole new Monopoly - need help from the whole Board here ---- do you think Waddingtons would be interested? lol

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

wouldn't you buy that from the UN?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That's good!!!

I think another good board game fit for the Dubs would be "Clue". It could be changed to "Clueless", and the players would have to figure out who killed the elderly pioneer sister, so that her inheritance would go to the Society to further their real-estate endeavors.

I think it was Brother Mustard, in the Kingdumb Hall Library, with a bookbag....

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Nah, you get "library cards" from the UN. Honest.

You could put Kingdom Halls or Branch Offices on your properties instead of houses or hotels.

And what about the counters? We would have to replace the racing car with a four door car or a people carrier and the little dog - maybe with a little bookbag? Keep the old boot, of course.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

you would have to change it from money to something hours in field service or points towards paradise etc.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    you would have to change it from money to something

I think the money would be OK, as they would say it is to further the Worldwide preaching work...

The faces on the money could be Russell, Rutherford, and Knorr, or else just use pictures of the 3 stooges-same difference...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit