I APOLOGIZE RE MY JOHN DENVER COMMENTS

by londoner 20 Replies latest jw friends

• londoner
    londoner

Ok I accept that it was bad to say a plane crash was too good for him, no excuse.

For those of you who dont know what I'm on about it's regarding my post "The John Denver Issus, vote now"

Having been subjected to 50 yrs of preducial abuse while I was a JW can have a pretty lasting effect towards some of the people who were responsible for dishing it out, you should have been at the concert it made me feel sick. There were even sone people , although not many, that jeered us as we left.

None the less I shouldn't have said it.

Londoner

PS. It wasnt the concert following a convention , the concert was at the Odeon in Birmingham in the UK.

Also after 50yrs a JW some habits stick, I don't lie easily.

And considering how many people sent me nice posts saying I will find genuine honest people here, I was surprised as to how many people sent me private messages calling me a liar but they didnt have the guts to put there accusation on a public post, hence my opening coment on the "The John Denver Issus, vote now" post

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

No problem ((((Londoner)))).

• Brummie
    Brummie

Dang, I just wrote a reply on you're other thread! I knew you were a good person, this thread confirms it.

Maybe its because you're a londoner huh?

Brummie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

You twanged the right cord here Londoner - we're more Bob Marley than John Denver

unclebruce who loves a redemption song

• wednesday
    wednesday

Londoner, I really liked your intro post, and u have a right to your opinions. Anytime u put something out for discussion, expect that people may not agree with u. That what this is, a discussion board.

I can imagine that must have been really embarassng to have to leave a concert. I would not have admitted to be a JWS and just sat there.

U know, I went over to johndenver.com, and read his Bio, and his father was in the Air force. so that may have had something to do with his feelings. Really, lots of people hate and despise JWS, not just him. JWS get in your face with their beliefs and try and impose them on others, so it is understandable that they PO some people.I guess he was making a statement by what he did. Rock stars and movie stars do that all the time, esp in the political area.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Lond, I didn't think you meant your plane crash comment literally. Often when people are incensed, they say things like that and the folks around them know they don't mean it literally. My mom used to tell us she was going to kill us when she got us home. We knew she was probably going to yell at us or spank us. We never thought she meant it literally.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Not quite right wednesday. John Denver was a sadistic coward who used his power to hurt others personally. As a victim of shithead Denver's abuse Londoner has every right to complain and a duty to expose.

up the workers! .. and never give a fascist an even break ..

cheers, unclebruce

• londoner
    londoner

UNCLEBRUCE,

yes to Bob Marley. Fav album , Kaya

• wednesday
    wednesday

unclebruce,

where did I say he did not have a right to say what he wanted? I just said others might not agree with him. Like me.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Really, lots of people hate and despise JWS, not just him. JWS get in your face with their beliefs and try and impose them on others, so it is understandable that they PO some people.I guess he was making a statement by what he did. Rock stars and movie stars do that all the time, esp in the political area.

This is what i was responding to when I said "not quite right wednesday". To me it sounded like you were a tad excusing John Denver's appauling behaviour.

cheers, unclebruce

ps: some could percieve your reply to be a typical "strawman" but I'll give you the benifit of the doubt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit