JW off-shoot list

by under74 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

WOOO! ..A First Resurrection! It's a miracle!

There were many offshoots after the Rutherfords coup following Russells death. In my old congregation there were a few who turned up faithfully every memorial. One lovely old couple beamed christian virtue but me, as a young pioneer literally peddling my literature each and every day, couldn't help wondering why this couple were treated so well and expected to 'get through armagedon'. When I asked who they were it was whispered "they're Russellites".

Russells woldwide radio program created a faithful scattering that continues to today - quite amazing really . I remember a whispering campaign against an old Dutch bro in 1985. His spiritual welfare was thought to be in jeopardy due to his freindship with a Russellite couple.

Being a Russelite would be cool - a bloke could still celebrate birthdays, xmas and stuff and everybody gets a drink at the memorial

unclebruce

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Romania has "The Real JWs" (??) and Nigeria has "Gods Kingdom Society" (which number several million).

Both of these groups view the WTS as an apostacy - LOL.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

lol scotsperson,

I love it that Russell wanted to call his new religion the Church of Christ but the name was already taken.

unclebruce

• under74
    under74

Geez...that was a close call. I thought for sure this thread was done.

Glad you get some use from it Gill.

Strange unclebruce, I was totally oblivious to all this....might have something to do with me being raised in it (sheltered) and never coming into contact with "Russellites."

LT- Thanks for that. Interesting. Several millon in Nigeria? I'm going to have to look this group up.
    ........lol, apostates

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Africa ( Zaire) has also produced another group; it is called Kitawala.

The link I provided is not working. Just do a search for Kitawala and you should find it. Sorry.

• badboy
    badboy

Who are these Nigerians?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'm not sure if they're associated but they look similar.

http://www.truebiblecode.com/

They call themselves the Lord's Witnesses!?!?

They're looney.

Kwin

• badboy
    badboy

The founder of the Lord's Witnesses was a jw who wrote to the A GB member setting out his theories.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    There were many offshoots after the Rutherfords coup following Russells death. In my old congregation there were a few who turned up faithfully every memorial. One lovely old couple beamed christian virtue but me, as a young pioneer literally peddling my literature each and every day, couldn't help wondering why this couple were treated so well and expected to 'get through armagedon'. When I asked who they were it was whispered "they're Russellites".

Wow, this is news to me. Russellites are welcomed and treated with respect? Are they acknowledged by JWs to have a shot at surviving the big A???? I thought in all cases they were considered the "evil slave" and Apostates.

• under74
    under74

Well, I was trying to edit the list in my first post to add but it keeps showing an error message so here's an updated list in case anyone cares. I added JWs and Kitwala (that's an interesting movement) and the Lord's Witnesses.

Littletoe-I can't find anything on the Romanian group....the Nigerian group sounds an awful lot like JWs but I can't find a direct link. Maybe they're an offshoot of Kitwala or the original group that was called Watchtower? I read that Kitwala spread all over Belguim Congo and into other regions.....it was very anti-colonial.

Laymen's Home Missionary Movement
    Epiphany Bible Students Association
    Laodicean Home Missionary Movement
    Pastoral Bible Institute, Inc.
    Watchers of the Morning
    Dawn Bible Students Association
    Christian Millennial Fellowship, Inc.
    Stand Fast Bible Students Association
    Elijah Voice Society
    Servants of Yah
    Bible Fellowship Union
    New Jerusalem Fellowship
    Old Paths Publications
    Forest Gate Church
    Bible Students Publishing Company
    Goshen Fellowship
    Institute of Pyramidology
    Angel of Jehovah Bible and Tract Society
    Berean Bible Institute
    New Covenant Fellowship
    Christian Truth Institute
    New Covenant Believers
    Associated Bible Students
    Kitwala
    Lord's Witnesses

If anyone comes up with any others let me know.
    Thanks to everybody for their input.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit