JW off-shoot list

by under74 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under74
    under74

So, I've been trying to find as many JW off-shoots, mostly personal reasons. I never knew there were any until about two years ago. I guess the WTS did a good job because I didn't have a clue.

biblestudents.net has a listing and brief summary of each group. I'm just wondering, is that all there is? Have a groups come out of these off shoots? Can anyone tell me if any of these groups has had any kind of success...not including the ones that are now defunct? Can anyone add to the list?

Laymen's Home Missionary Movement
    Epiphany Bible Students Association
    Laodicean Home Missionary Movement
    Pastoral Bible Institute, Inc.
    Watchers of the Morning
    Dawn Bible Students Association
    Christian Millennial Fellowship, Inc.
    Stand Fast Bible Students Association
    Elijah Voice Society
    Servants of Yah
    Bible Fellowship Union
    New Jerusalem Fellowship
    Old Paths Publications
    Forest Gate Church
    Bible Students Publishing Company
    Goshen Fellowship
    Institute of Pyramidology
    Angel of Jehovah Bible and Tract Society
    Berean Bible Institute
    New Covenant Fellowship
    Christian Truth Institute
    New Covenant Believers
    Associated Bible Students

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks under74,

Some of these groups still publish CT Russells literature. eg: I have a black & white copy of the Photo Drama of Creation published by those Booze Rutherford turfed out of Bethel & branded "the unfaithful slave". I think there is a link to Dawn Bible Students Association on Randy Watters site.

The big of of cults, available at major libraries, makes interesting reading. On leaving, it was eyeopening for me to see so many JW lookalikes & wannabees. (I left in pre-internet days when we deprogrammed ourselves by trolling alone through libraries and obscure bookstores.

Surely only Americans relate to egos big enough to have men say they're "mentioned in the bible". An Australian may well claim to be "the Laodicean messenger" but it would be a rare community indeed to take him seriously. Over here the looney bins are full of Napolians who, for some strange reason, always seem to outnumber the Hitlers, Jesus and Elvii.

unclebruce

• Will Power
    Will Power

don't forget to add the

Jehovah's Witnesses

they are the off shoot of the International Bible Students started by Russell, which was an offshoot of the Adventists he had teamed up with but split over what?

apostates, the lot of them !!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

lol willpower

Apostates go back top when Adam was a boy. A while back I posted an unbroken line of apostasy all the way back to Moses ...

Hey I've just had a great business idea - Russian Apostate Dolls! starting with Rutherford stretching back through Russell, Barber, Miller, Luther, Pope, Pope and half a Pope, Greek Orthodox High priest, Paul, James, Jesus, Nazarite rebels, Maccabees?...

cheers, unclebruce

• Justin
    Justin

In all fairness, I would not refer to the Bible Students as JW offshoots. The name "Jehovah's Witnesses" was not adopted until 1931. While it is true that Bible Students who remained with the Society were in the process of becoming Jehovah's Witnesses prior to that date, it would be better to refer to those who left earlier as being either Watch Tower offshoots or "Russellite" offshoots (though they would be offended by the latter as well).

• under74
    under74

Justin, you have a good point...but it really isn't that offensive.

• under74
    under74

unclebruce- Thanks for the info. BTW, we got crazies over here too. The ones without money are put away...the others start cults or get into government.

Will Power- lol

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

tsk tsk .. under74..can't have you posting last in your own thread! Here I am let me

~the end~

• under74
    under74

Sorry but the job's got to be done by me. It's just like shooting a wounded horse--it's only right for the owner to do it.

So...

*clears throat and wipes tear from cheek*

• Gill
    Gill

STOP! Not yet please.

I had no idea there were so many off shoots. In a discussion I was having today, I said there were off shoots but couldn't name any. Just came up with religions with sort of similar beliefs. Thanks for the list. I now have a list of religions with even more similar beliefs!

Gill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit