George Carlin

by Golf 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• prophecor
    prophecor

*beats fist against the wall refusing to consoled*

• Golf
    Golf

Thanks B12. Now we see the value of the internet, information at your fingertips. It was kind of Blondie to PM me and brought this to my attention.

U/Bruce, I have 11 grandchildren, the oldest will be 22 next month. If you wanna feel good, this is a damn good habit to get into, hug and kiss your children and grandchildren.

Guest77

• gumby
    gumby
    Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it didn't cost a cent.

Damn you Golf......you had to go and make me cry reading all this....didn't ya? Awesome material to live by.

Carlin had a lot of common sense that I admired and could use it like nobody else.

Gumby

• Golf
    Golf

Gumby, whether he wrote it or not, it's great 'FOOD FOR THOUGHT.' That's the purpose of this forum, 'sharing.'

I get a strong feeling that many on this board are scared of opening up emotionally. The org has stunted their emotions. You know, when you've done the right thing it's a good feeling whether the other person excepts it or not. We shouldn't have to wait till a friend has to die or a serious accident occurs before we express ANY emotion.

This morning I've been 'lucky' all because I shared information with the board and the results have been positive! Do you know the inner feeling it gives me? Satisfaction and contentment.

Guest77

• prophecor
    prophecor

A B Guest77

• gumby
    gumby
    I get a strong feeling that many on this board are scared of opening up emotionally. The org has stunted their emotions. You know, when you've done the right thing it's a good feeling whether the other person excepts it or not. We shouldn't have to wait till a friend has to die or a serious accident occurs before we express ANY emotion.

Amen bro!

When your happy with yourself, you can tolerate it when others seem against you. Yes, many people on this board are silent with their inner feelings as they feel it's a protection for them. These ones were hurt when they were honest,eg; ...telling the elders what they've learned about the Organisation. Sometimes honesty is better if not shared.....but for the most part when it's expressed, it's appreciated.

Just don't be honest next time your wife asks you if her butt looks big in those pants. Just say...."they look fine honey"....then repent later.

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    U/Bruce, I have 11 grandchildren, the oldest will be 22 next month. If you wanna feel good, this is a damn good habit to get into, hug and kiss your children and grandchildren.

wow, sounds like you got few to spare .. my girls on the other hand appear to be barren women! lol (actually neither of my girls want kids and that's fine by me - I'll just have to kidnap a grandkid is all..

having adult 'kids' is great, unc

• Golf
    Golf

Gumby and U/bruce, you guys got me laughing, thanks. When my wife read U/bruce post she just laughed and laughed. Laughter, great medicine.

Gumby, I'll have to share a short chapter from my golf book titled, 'Self-Identity.' It's bad enough the org. has stifled our emotions by creating 'ceilings' that we also create ceilings. It just so happens to be chapter 13!

We need to remove ourselves out of this 'robotic' life. You don't have to be a millionaire to enjoy the simple things in life. Why do we complicate life? Why do we keep stumbling over our own feet?

Moving on means 'substituting' the negatives with the positives. It takes one step at a time, it's worth the journey and struggles.

Guest77

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Golf,

I always enjoyed Carlin, even if he didn't write the letter.

It's a classic and thought provoking. Thanks for posting it.

Jean

• Golf
    Golf

Jbeanz, we always need reminders. People have a tendency to become complacent. Complacency is deadly.

The article was brought to my attention and I thought I would share it.

Much thanks.

Guest77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit