Any ex-bethelites here?

by truth_about_the_truth 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

I temped in the summer of 1992. I no longer fear Hell.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I was in Brooklyn Bethel from 1978-1980, did a few months at the farm.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ya, a few of us.

fwliiw, I was at Brooklyn Bethel (and other places) a decade before what happened with Ray, and what Randy went through.

While on the one hand I do sincerely welcome you to this db, on the other hand I would like to ask: "Why do you ask?"

Forgive me for not checking out your other posts...perhaps the answer to my question is contained therein.

Respectfully,

Craig

• upside/down
    upside/down

I never made it to Bethel, but the bro is sis that studied with me have been there since 1984-5ish.

Maybe you know them Steve and Janice Summers. Last I talked to him he was overseer of the infirmary at Patterson.

He knows just about everyone because he gave them physicals at one time. Nice guy. But definitely a company man.he'd be sick if he knew I was on this forum. I'll just leave sleeping dogs lie, for now.

I also know Bob and Randy Vought, Keith Kehl, Gary Pankonin, Bill and Jerry Ginnis etc. Lot's of "ins". But it didn't do me much good when I needed it.

u/d

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

onacruse,

Same reason other questions are asked on every other thread. Just curious to see the extent of 6 degrees of separation. In this case it should be about 1or 2.

• onacruse
    onacruse

T.a.t.t, I hope that my inquiry caused you no offense.

Your topic was running through my head all day today (I even talked about it with my never-been-a-JW business partner ), and among many things, I wondered to myself: "Why do so many of us seem to have a fascination with 'who-was-who'?"

After all, what does it matter if one, or many, of us, were at Bethel, or whether one, or many of us, were POs or COs or DOs or, Jehovah forbid, even a relative of the Franz or Jaracz family?

The greatest equalizing that is accomplished by this db is, imho, that suddenly, none of that matters! It doesn't even matter that Simon started this db...he's a nobody/somebody, just like all the rest of us.

We become "mere" human beings; and what we've done, experienced, or may attempt to be doing...it's just us being us.

It's a good feeling, eh?

Sincerely,

Craig

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

no offense at all. This thread was meant to be a "get to know you" type of thread. To see who has that background and is posting here since I'm new to the board.

Wasn't too concerned about judging who's who, has done what and all that other superficial stuff because along with your thought, it really doesn't matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit