Manuscript style public talks because of littletoe?

by truth_about_the_truth 12 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

I downloaded and heard the "DA" talk by littletoe and man all I can say is that it reminded me of that phrase in that Def Leppard song "it's better to burn out, than to fade away!"

That was tremendous.

I read on another thread that this is the reason why the new public talk outlines are now more manuscript than before. I do remember the society doing an overhaul of the outlines sometime in 2002 back when I was still doing them. Is it true that the society crapped in their pants when they found out about this and came out with new outlines to prevent something like this from happening again?

For those here that are thinking of calling it quits and haven't yet, instead of fading away how about leaving the society with another decision to make before you leave? On your last day of field service, come up with a presentation like this:

"Hi my name is ----, one of JW. This is the last time I will be visiting your home because as of right now I no longer consider myself as one of them. JW believe that you and your family will be eternally destroyed at armageddon because you are not one of them. Unless you convert now, you will die. If this message appeals to you, I'll have this person (point to your service partner) visit you again. I no longer believe in this and it does not appeal to me." Then walk away.

What's next then...memorized field service presentations that the society will be have to enforce? Actually they are pretty close to doing that now with the "suggestions" in the KM. But those "suggestions" will now have to be enforced as mandatory usage verbage. Who wants to go out in service now????

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Ok...seriously, did you "really" want to go out on service to begin with? Not me. Woulda much rather have stayed home eating my frosted flakes while watching saturday morning cartoons in my mighty mouse underwear.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i wanna hear that! do u have a link that i can reach it from?

• Valis
  • GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I can only imagine the reaction to this by the people in his hall. I bet everyone in the hall were staring at him with jaws resting on the floor.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

How on earth did Littletoe get the tape afterwards!!!??

The sound servant must have been shell shocked lol (along with everyone else)

• Valis
    Valis

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

If those links don't work you can go here and look at the bottom of the page.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Little Toe, you gotta give us the rundown of the direct after math of this talk!! I just listened to it.. wow. You got balls man.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Some days I get a little self-conscious
    Genuinely, the only reason I ever mention this is in the vain hope that it might help someone make their mind up (though I don't recommend the methods).
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/20680/1.ashx

The boy on the sound desk, that day, was completely dazed. I had provided the tape, before the meeting began, so I just retrieved my own tape.

In the following two years the congregation halved in size, regarding Elders / Servants / Pioneers / Pubs / Attendees. Some have drifted, a few have DA'ed, a few more have left the territory (mainly to get away from the ignorant and arrogant Elders). Sadly that has started to reverse, with quite a number moving into the congregation. Local JW's take on a terrified look, when I meet them, but I don't really acknowledge them. With the way they duck their heads, when they pass in their cars, I'm certain they are going to have an accident

The best advice I would offer, to those leaving, is simply to get their minds in the mode that they are no longer JWs and that they don't work to those rules anymore. The Elders no longer have any authority over them, nor can they cast any shadow of fear. If they do get DF'ed (maybe in absentia), well, so be it (Amen - LOL). If there's a need to stay in for the sake of family, do that. But whatever ya do, just make ya choices, pay the price, and do it wholeheartedly.

Strangely enough, for someone who isn't particularly enamoured with "religion" (though overwhelmingly enthusiastic for spirituality), I do recommend trying a church at least once, if for no other reason than to break down that particular mental/religious barrier of fear. It's one of the strongest implantations the WTS has gone for and it's an easy one to be liberated from - simply use your feet to walk in and walk out (then feel free to tell me how awful it was, if that was your experience).

The best revenge is a life lived well, and I'm certainly attempting that

• Dansk
    Dansk
    The best advice I would offer, to those leaving, is simply to get their minds in the mode that they are no longer JWs and that they don't work to those rules anymore. The Elders no longer have any authority over them, nor can they cast any shadow of fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit