I am hunting for the Truth...

by PinTail 27 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Also, although I am agnostic the Baha'i faith appeals to me. They accept Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Zoroaster, Christ and Muhammad all as being God's Messengers. I like that. More:

Humanity is now coming of age. It is this that makes possible the unification of the human family and the building of a peaceful, global society. Among the principles which the Baha'i Faith promotes as vital to the achievement of this goal are:

http://www.bahai.org/article-1-2-0-2.html

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Pin Tail.....don't you know by now that religion is a snare and a racket? Who needs organized religion to connect to God? Just avail yourself to him in your own way, I'm sure he/she will hear ya........question is will you hear from him/her.

Kate (who has no need for organized religion)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

SP:
    As far as basic principles go, it's a nice list.
    Have you read the rest of the site?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

LT-

I've honestly only scanned it. Why, is there something scary hidden within?

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Personally I have been learning that taking care of my family and trying my best to be a good person to myself and my fellow humans is the "truth". Everything beyond that is out of my hands.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hi, Pin.

I really suffered from this lack of 'spiritual indoctrination' when I first got out as well. As much as I hated everything that this religion represented, they definitly force feed you a lot of religion, and it's weird not having it. This is especially true if the void you experience after leaving is complete: religion, self-esteem, family, friends, finances. I did maintain that I belived in the Divine and in the Bible so definitely missed it.

I don't know if you will ultimately come to the same conslusion I did or not, but for me, it was realizing that what I was experiencing was a lack of sensory input, not spirituality. Afterall, since spirituality and a relationship with God was up to me not some group of bible thumpers, the only thing that was missing in the mix was that I was no longer being force fed, and I didn't have the self dicipline to go out and rustle up my own grub!

The Mormons do pick up a lot of ex witnesses, in my opinion because they have the same 'feeding program' that we are used to and it's comfortable as long as you can get past the Joseph Smith and new bible thing; bible study, they come to you, etc., etc. (I studied with them for a year so I'm not speaking out of my hat here) My answer was that my spirituality was up to me and between me an my God and I started to really draw lines between what was spirituality and a relationship with the Divine and what was religious bull puckie. Here are a couple scriptures that helped me and how I applied them.

[Romans 14:19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.]

If it left me feeling guilty, depressed, angry and not closer to God, I dropped it like a hot potato!

[Romans 14:22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. ]

How I applied this is tht I stopped letting others have an opinion in what constituted 'doing it right' when it came to my worship of God. I pursued information in print and online and allowed myself the dignity of making up my own mind about what was true for me.

Sure hope this helps, Pin. The otherday, a couple elders came to my door, and I was amazed to be able to absolutely hold my own against them using their own bible. They left my door mad as a hatter and red to boot saying that they were going to come back and straighten me out. Wonder how many they'll bring next time? All my teen aged son could say was, "Damn, Mom! I got goose bumps."

I tell you this because a couple years ago, I would not have been able to do this, and the entire 'visit' would have left me shaking and crying and feeling like I needed them. It takes time, but when you realize you are really free and you know WHY, and you have built your own relationship with God by doing your own research, you will really do the happy dance!

Hang in there.

Jean

• proplog2
    proplog2

If there is a God or any entity or collective entity that wants to talk to humans about surviving on this planet then they ought to get in touch with humans. Otherwise we are on our own.

Religion is old science. So in the mean time pay attention to the "latest science". That's the best humans can do until something better comes along.

I am still curious about Bible prophecy. There seems to be something to it.

• rebel8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit