Johnny Carson Died

by El Kabong 19 Replies latest jw friends

• seawolf
    seawolf

I still remember my favorite scene with him. Someone was on there showing Johnny a monkey and the monkey all of a sudden JUMPED and I swear must have hit the roof of the studio. It was a HUGE jump. Johnny started looking up like wtf just happened and blurted out, "it's like it had a spring up its @ss" and Ed McMahon just started absolutely roaring. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Well, then there's also the famous one with some woman that was on there and she had all these potato chips that looked like famous people. The woman looked away and when she did Johnny reached down and picked up another bowl of chips and took one and put it in his mouth and crunched it and the look on her face was priceless.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Wow, he led an interesting life. Married 4 times, 3 of them named joan or joanna,last one, currently married to, Alexis, he was 61 and she in her 30's when they married. He had 3 sons, one ,m Ricky, was killed in car accident in 91, which may have had something to do with his retirement in 92.

This is just too sad, with Dick clark having a stroke this year and now Johnny. And Captin Kangaroo died last year too. All my childhood TV favs.

• heatherg
    heatherg

I feel so old, all our childhood entertainers are dying. Johnny Carson was a true comedian, he'll be greatly missed. Maybe they'll come out with a DVD set of his best shows or something. That'd be great to see and have a good laugh!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Too bad. I just wish he had done some appearances on talk shows before he died. I really missed him when he left the air and then never did an interview on tv or magazine since he left. Just walked off the stage into the sunset.

• Special K
    Special K

I'm surprised!

Special K

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

He was a great tv personality. I remember always watching his show when I got home from the 3-11 shift. He will be missed.

HappyDad (damn..........I hate getting old)

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Johnny Carson was unique. It is this unique potential of each individual that is beautiful. Yet, some feel that that beauty is made by evolutionary processes. We see the glint in his eye, the sincerity, the largeness of the man; no, I do not believe he is a product of evolution. I never will.

Sabrina

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Sorry to hear that. I watched him many a night. He was truly funny.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That's so sad. I loved Johnny Carson's show.

Jean

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

What a class act.... and so funny. He was clever enough to flirt with racey jokes, but talented enough to know where the decency line was and never cross it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit