Johnny Carson Died

by El Kabong 19 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

MSNBC just reported that former Tonight Show Host Johnny Carson Died of Emphysema this morning.

RIP Johnny 1925-2005

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Whoa. He's so babyfaced that I don't think of him as being 80 years old. Loved his show. He was a fun part of my childhood, the nights I got to stay up with mom to see him.

• Purza
    Purza

My dad used to work the swing shift and get home about 11 at night. I can still hear him laughing in the living room watching Johnny Carson. Sad.

Purza

• Satanus
    Satanus

He is prolly visiting all his old buds in another place, now. His xwives are prolly frying his a$$.

S

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow... he was a great entertainer.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I'm sad.

He's been so private since he left the show.

I kept hoping he would grant a special interview or some such thing and we'd get to enjoy him one more time.

-Aude.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Bummer.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Wow! He's been missed from TV and now really missed by those who loved him.

I must be here waaaay to much. I often get the news here first, then check yahoo to make sure.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Johnny Carson was class, instead of being pushed out of the Tonight Show. He chose to end it on a up note rather than a squabble over who was going to be a sucessor. All the positioning and politics, wasn't his style.

He took a lot of people by surprise including his publicist when he announced he was retiring. He did it again.. he surprised us all with a gentle exit. His wit, humor and class will be missed.

X.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

OMG!!!! Truly a Legend has passed.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit