Respect - what is it?

by Norm 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Norm
    Norm

Hi Sabrina,

You said:

I think that while a religion or features of a religion may garner disrespect, there are individuals who do not practice the negative extremes of their religion. They rise above and practice the good found in their religion. In my opinion, these can be respected though disagreed with.

I agree with you, that's what I said this in my original post:

If we get to know a good and kind person, which earns our respect as a human being, s/he invariable is so in spite of his/hers religion, it is never ever because of it. We can only relate to each other in any meaningful way on a personal level and only on that level can we give each other respect. We can never truly respect a person's religious superstition, fantasies and more or less insane ideas about some imaginary invisible realm.
    Norm
  • el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

If you gotta ask what respect is, that means you aint gettin any. Not that Im Disrespecting you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There are too many extreme propositions in your posts for me to count.
    Nonetheless, I respect your right to dissent...

• avengers
    avengers
    We should never respect any religion in any way.

I have to agree here. I can't bring it up within myself to have any respect for any religion in any way.

I respect you though even if you have an avatar of a skunk.

mmm. Does that mean I respect skunks more than religion?

Absolutely!!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Xena

I was raised a Lutheran

Did you see the movie Luther? He had some of the same problem early in his life.

D Dog

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Norm,

I agree with you, that's what I said this in my original post:

Sorry about that!

Sabrina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit