Killing One's Ego...

by FMZ 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The ego is real only as a human concept,, it causes feeling of ownership of the body as an individual self seperated from creation. Man's problems are reduced to nothing when he realizes what the ego really is and that it is "false imagination" of being seperate in a Holo-universe.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Man's problems are reduced to nothing when he realizes what the ego really is and that it is "false imagination" of being seperate in a Holo-universe.

Uh... ok.

I love the idea of people saying "if you'll all just realize what I realize, all of mankinds problems will be solved". Sounds alot like a rather fucking large ego to me.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

This reminds me of an old (and short!) thread on a somewhat related subject:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/63761/1.ashx

Toying with death is quite essential to the symbolical game of the ego itself I guess.

As Chaplin says near the end of Limelight, "I died so many times".

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

wow, Frankie...that's deep. my mind is spinning...

• Valis
    Valis

FMZ have you ever read Ram Das', AKA Richard Alpert early pioneer in psychedelics?

http://www.trippystore.com/books-1-1-1.html

I think you would like it.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• FMZ
    FMZ

Already some very interesting points.

I tend to agree that our ego gets in the way of us really learning how to love. If we think about "me" being important, we will never realize our insignificance.

I saw a beautiful quote at the mall (of all places) today... it went along the lines of "If we aren't here to help each other, then what are we here for?"

Thanks again guys, I am really enjoying the views.

Valis, I will check it out, thanks bud.

FMZ

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

So FMZ, why do you feel it is necessary to "shed" ones ego? Wouldn't just keeping it in check and working for good be a better goal?

• FMZ
    FMZ

Sixy...

Taking into account the thoughts on this thread, I believe you are right. "Death" of the ego is not required, just submission. Thanks for the correction mate.

Maybe I went a bit too far on the wording... heh

FMZ

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

...well, it's an important clarification only because some people do argue that complete "death" of ego is important and benificial. I've never actually heard the full explanation of just how or why that happens/needs to happen (nor do I personally see the need for it to happen).

gotta run.

ps... say, do you think my penis is too big?

• FMZ
    FMZ

lol Sixy... I see your point...

So I guess it is too big... put your point away mate. Night bud.

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit