Vacation Ideas

by StinkyPantz 14 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Jon and I need a vacation. We got married in Vegas and that was the last time we got away from everything and had fun (3 1/2 years ago). We live in Orlando, so I suppose at any time we could do vacationy things, but I'm thinking I want to do something or go somewhere out-of-state or at least out-of-city. So, where are good vacation spots for adults?

• franklin J
    franklin J

what time of year? the northeast is great in the summer; Long Island; cape cod...you might want to try Makinoc Island up on Lake Michigan.

Winter; try the Florida Keys ( key west is just great fun!) or Marco Island.

Of course, California has its fun spots also. Hollywood is always a "trip"; take a drive from LA up the Pacific coast Highway to San Fransisco ---beautiful city.

I can go on and on....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

DisneyWorld? Just kidding.

What do you like to do on vacation? Group tours, drive around yourselves, museums and points of interest, or lay around the pool or beach reading eating and drinking?

Could go out to California and go to Disneyland! Seriously. A good excuse to go west.

You are so close to the Carrib that a vacation there should not be too pricey. But again the FL Keys were mentioned. I was thinking Antigua, or St Martin/St Maartin.

Georgia is very pretty in the spring (April) warm enough before the heat and humidity sets in.

Northeast in the Fall. Or WA DC or NYC?

Oh so many choices, so little time.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    We got married in Vegas

Atlantic City?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Monterey, Pebble Beach...*sigh*

• Valis
    Valis

New Orleans has all the adult stuff you could ask for. Booze, long walks, strip clubs, gambling, shopping, great food, did I mention booze?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I've been thinking New Orleans would be fun, but I've been there. Jon hasn't. Although I've always wanted to be there during Mardi Gras, I hear that the streets are so packed that it's no fun.

What do we like to do on vacation? Gambling, shows (magic, comedy, dinner), museums. We're not big into going to the beach, so that's out. I also like to see famous places/sites/architecture, etc.

For everyone that's listed some places. Any specific things to do there?

Oh and as for the time of year, I'm thinking this summer.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

how about a cruise?

I need to get an apostafestcruise going. Hmmmmm, maybe this will get me motivated to start now for this fall.

Where you go, SP, have fun.

Joy

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Joy-

apostafestcruise

Not THAT sounds fun!

• Valis
    Valis

Eh I wouldn't go to Nawlins in the summer...the humidity is awful. The Michigan peninsula is beautiful in the summer time...you can drive round the whole thing in a couple days, visit Mackinaw Island, be right on Lake Michigan, etc.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit