Female elders

by glitter 17 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild
    (Bikerchic) he,hee my daughter got married by a woman pastor. My JW mom and sisters after the wedding no less wondered if it was legit cuz a woman married them.

Oh how very precious.

• jwbot
    jwbot

When I was a kid I thought how I could be the first female elder! Now I would rather be the first female president (any country will do) or something...

• steve2
    steve2

Why would any self-respecting woman want to be an elder in the Kingdom Hall? Surely woman are capable of far loftier ambitions than sitting in small, sweaty committee rooms picking over the intimate and grubby details of the lives of lapsed and non-lapsed Jws and offering stifling formulae for solving the most complex of life's problems of the repentent ones (You know the recipe for every single problem: "Pray more, study more, attend meetings more and preach more".....which translates as, Go mad ever so slowly and surely).

• avengers
    avengers
    What really pissed me off was the fact that I, studying accounting, was not allowed to help with administration and some dimwitted sardine brain for a brother was

Hey all you elders outthere in Lalaland!! Now you have Viv pissed off. I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes.

Woe to you, for the wrath of the Blue Bubble Gum Girl is upon YOU.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    Woe to you, for the wrath of the Blue Bubble Gum Girl is upon YOU.

Mwahahha, i think i might start using that for my sig for awhile, LOL. Hey Avengers

Odrade, hello

_

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Well that is the only good job left for the guys... all the heavy duty jobs like pioneering is always left up to the women.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    I would rather be the first female president (any country will do) or something...

You'll get my vote JWB, you get us all off our fat arses and make weight loss a #1 priority.

JWB in 08

• steve2
    steve2

It's true: Men glorify themselves in the world of religion and woman do all the hard, often unseen slog. Most of the hard-working pioneers in my congregation in the 1960s were older women. The men, by contrast, got all the publicly visible roles (standing up on stage and pontificating about what "we" should all be doing). I wonder if it's any different in religions who have female "figureheads" such as the seventh-day adventists, christian scientists or theosophists. Somehow, I imagine the men do all the Big Important stuff, while the women busy themselves in the kitchens or community halls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit