question any help out there

by oscar the grouch 17 Replies latest jw friends

• oscar the grouch
    oscar the grouch

hi i cant say to much i am 3rd gen witness 8 1/2 yrs inactive on the work :-)

3 yrs no meetings best thing i ever did was stop going any way...i am baptized

i have read the crisis of con book 1st class!! some real truth there,

and am 3/4 of the way through awkening of a JW (diane wilson)

there is a reference to a publication, ibid does any 1know what this stands for????

i cant give to much info but my bro and cousin will know who i am as they are on this to,

scotland west,

thank you

• glitter
    glitter

"Ibid" means a reference in the same book already mentioned.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Welcome OG!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Welome ..

Ask any questions we are always happy to reply.

Love Orangefatcat

• poipoi
    poipoi

You know i think that it is sad to hear ones who have gone away in that sense. My question is have you been able to keep your personal relationship with jehovah god. Do you think that you can still persue him and grow with that and still hope for his promises to be fullfilled. Sincerely in your heart and mind will you be able to progress and nurture your relationship. Beofre making such a desicion have you gave thought to asking or telling someone in the hall your concerns and thoughts. Pray sincerely to Jehovah and he will help you.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    there is a reference to a publication, ibid does any 1know what this stands for????

"ibid" is a Latin word meaning "in the same place". here's an example:

What does 'Ibid' mean?

There are certain instances when it is acceptable to use abbreviations in references and citations . One of the most common abbreviations you will come across is 'Ibid' which means 'in the same place' and is used in the reference list when making further reference to the last work cited. You must ensure that you use Ibid for the immediately preceeding work:

Breakwell, G. (1987). A survey of student counselling in higher and further education in the United Kingdom. British Journal of Guidance and Counselling, 15, 285.

Ibid, 286-296.

***this saves the writer from having to type "Breakwell, G. (1987)" again and again...

• kls
    kls

Poipoi said, " Beofre making such a desicion have you gave thought to asking or telling someone in the hall your concerns and thoughts. Pray sincerely to Jehovah and he will help you.

Pray sincerely to Jehovah . Ya he probably did that's why he read COC and is finding the truth.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

poipoi said:

Beofre making such a desicion have you gave thought to asking or telling someone in the hall your concerns and thoughts.

Ha Ha. Right. "Brother Elder, I've been researching the organization and have found a lot of inconsistancies, such as the generation that saw 1914, and the changes in the blood policy. Can you help me and answer some questions?" Well of course we can Brother Oscar. Would you like to come back to the Kingdom Hall tomorrow evening at 7:00pm, and meet with me, and Brother Fire and Brimstone, and Brother Know it All?

Pray sincerely to Jehovah and he will help you

Perhpas he has and that is why he is here!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    My question is have you been able to keep your personal relationship with jehovah god

Hello again sister poopoo. Having a personal relationship with Jehovah is like having a personal relationship with a picture of a dodo bird. He used to exist, but all we have left to remember him is the bible.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

poipoi,

Welcome to the board. It's very brave of you to be here, considering the trouble you could be in if your elders found out.

Beofre making such a desicion have you gave thought to asking or telling someone in the hall your concerns and thoughts.

Yes, I asked them to explain the Watchtower Society's horrendous record of failed prophecy. They tried to disfellowship me for it.

Many people here believe that the Watchtower Society has nothing to do with God, and that having a relationship with God does not depend on association with said publishing company. We are aware of the beliefs of JWs, the vast majority of people having spent many years in the religion. That's why repeating them here may not be the most productive use of your time. Perhaps, if you feel capable, you'd prefer to defend specific accusations against your faith. The UN or child abuse scandals, perhaps? Or the generation change? Blood transfusions? Any topic at all. But please don't come here and tell us we need to pray more or talk to the elders. Been there, done that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit