Favorite Cartoons as a Kid

by prophecor 47 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There were so many!

G-Force and Captain Caveman were up there, at the time.
    Roadrunner used to have me alternating between cringing and being in stiches.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

G-Force and Robotech.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Oh man, I can remember laying on the living room floor watching the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show on Saturday morning while mom was busy in the kitchen making pancakes and eggs. Wouldn't we all love to go back to the time when our biggest worry was if it was going to rain on Saturday. I mean if it rained you couldn't ride your bike or work on you tree house.

Hey wait a minute. I'm still always worried if it's going to rain on Saturday. I love to ride my mountain bike on the weekends.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I loved many of the cartoons mentioned earlier.

I also loved the Fantastic Four.

Really cool.

• pratt1
    pratt1

In the early seventies there was a crusade in my congo to ban children from watching cartoons becaue of the voilence.

Fortunately my mom didn't buy into that, however she did try to top me from watching the Three Stooges because of the voilence.

My mom also alledged that Popeye was swearing under his breathe, so I had to look at it on the sly.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I can't believe I forgot about G-Force/Battle of the Planets!

There was this other anime cartoon I can't for the life of me remember the name of: It was about a crew from earth that would battle an alien force and the spaceship looked like a real ocean going battleship.--- Captain even had the seacaptain hat. It also had a massive laser-like cannon/torpedo bay in its nose?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Favorite character in a cartoon...

What a wonderful cartoon!

Best looking cartoon character - Race Bannon!

• Mulan
    Mulan

dating myself here.................Mighty Mouse, Donald Duck, Roadrunner, Bugs Bunny

When I was first married (62-63) they started having Hanna-Barbera shows on in Primetime, and we loved those shows. I can't remember all the names of the shows, but we really liked the little sad-eyed dog, who was a detective (Underdog?). Rocky and Bullwinkle, Yogi Bear, Snagglepuss, ...............and another that was a take-off on Don Adams (Huckleberry Hound?). Where is my memory??

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I forgot "Top Cat"!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How interesting that in the post-war Marvin the Martian cartoons, the Japanese "Rising Sun" flag worked well as a "Red Mars" flag. Verrrrry interesting....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit