Favorite Cartoons as a Kid

by prophecor 47 Replies latest jw friends

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

I liked that Hanna-Barbera cartoon from back in the day with those talking cars. My favorite one would go like, "chicka-ba" at the end of each sentence. What the hell was that show called, anyway?

laters

kaykay_mp

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I love those cartoons! And remember the Farmer ones, they were silent cartoons action packed and so funny. I can't remember the name of them, does anyone remember them?

And who didn't love this cool cat?

(earwig time)

Then many years later I love watching Ren and Stempy with my kids: Happy, happy, joy, joy!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

OMG Ren and Stimpy was so effn funny!

Tom and Jerry

The Roadrunner and Willie E Coyote (SP) ACME lololol

Any thing with Bugs Bunny and tweetie bird.

I know I am leaving some out..

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

• Scooby Doo
    • Tom & Jerry (when they were friends - not enemies)
    • Sylvester and Tweetie Bird
    • Speed Buggy
    • Pink Panther
    • Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
    • Popeye

Who remembers these . . .

Captain Caveman

Electra Woman and Dynagirl alt

Land of the Lost alt

- CF

• nilfun
    nilfun

It wasn't a cartoon, but I really, really, REALLY loved watching "Dusty's Treehouse" when I was little.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Anybody ever favored these guys? Thunderbirds are GO!!!!!!!!!!

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Most of the Warner Bros. characters were my favorite

Tweety was cool.....

Bugs Bunny was awesome......

but my favorite was Foghorn Leghorn..... especially when the little chicken hawk was in the cartoon or his intellectual nephew... the one Foghorn would refer to as, "Nice boy, but not too smart", just before his nephew kicked his ass.

Ahhhhhh.. so many fond memories. lol

Brad

• dh
    dh

Warner Brothers for sure, mostly Wile Coyote & Sylvester.

• dh
    dh

and of course, Transformers!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

My favorites were, in no particular order: Johnny Quest Bullwinkle and Rocky Isis Land of the Lost Warner Brothers, (especially the ones with Marvin the Martian, or when Sylvester keeps seeing mice or aliens while Porky is trying to sleep.). However, all were excellent, and I learned a lot about classical music and opera from Warner Bros. as well (Whats Opera, Doc, and the Rabbit of Seville). MGM, including the vintage Tom and Jerry from the late '40s and early '50s, Droopy, also the wolf who talked with a southern accent and walked along whistling (don't know his name), etc. There is a definite decline in quality of animation as you look at newer MGM cartoons from the sixties, and they don't seem as funny to me. Fireball XL5 Jetsons Flintstones (often shown after school in my area) Popeye (favorite was when his Pappy was captured by "Goons" on a prehistoric island, also when he played Aladinn) Mighty Orbots (five robots with different personalities, who would join together to form a super-transformer type robot) Casper (how many times did someone say "AAAAAAAAHHHH, a ghooooossst") Mighty Mouse Herman and Katnip Oddly, Disney cartoons were NOT shown much on TV in my area, but I enjoyed them very much when they were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit