This is for ones not born in the truth

by vitty 12 Replies latest jw friends

• FairMind
    FairMind

Ok Hopthetrain, you have a point. My point is that I would never have quit smoking had I not been a believing JW with his back to the wall when the directive against tobacco came out in 1973. I later (without WT help) overcame a very serious drinking habit because it was my choice.

FM

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I was not raised from birth, our family converted when I was 13yrs old. I was very unhappy about it. But I believed in God and went every Sunday to Sunday school mostly alone. My younger sister would come with me sometimes. I enjoyed church and the music and the awesome icons in the different churches. I was raised as an Anglican church of England as thatis what my grandmaa was.

When we were JW I found it really tough not celebrating birthdays and holloween, and esther and mostly Christmas. That was the most beautiful time of the year.

So when I left the organization on Dec 24th 1999 I celebrated christmas the next day and I have been loving all the holidays as I once did.

Orangefatcat

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

im not sure, 'cause i was young when we went in and young when i came out... but when i began my unfolding, it was a slow process...and some things made me feel guilty, especially speaking out against the org. not now, however. i have zero guilt where they are concerned...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit