Questions No JW has answered

by 144001 27 Replies latest jw friends

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

If blood factions are allowed, then it must be OK to donate blood. But I know its not OK to donate blood, if I was caught at the blood bank, I would get DFed. Yet there are some JW's who because of some illness use blood products made from blood factions that are "approved" by the WTS. Luckerly not everyone in the world are JW's because if they were, then those JW's who need those blood factions would be dead.

explain that to someone

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses I have asked questions to have lied to me like a bed wetter. I asked one elder why Armageddon didn't come as predicted in the mid 1970's. He said we don't know when Eve was created. I said, yes you do, the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation printed that Adam and Eve were created in the same year. He said, "You're kidding!". I said "Nope" and I showed him. He sat there and urinated on himself, then he said I'll do some research on it and get back to you. (Squealed tires on 1970 Lincoln all the way down the block.) Never saw him again.

Hello Thinker, thanks for your input as well. I guess the faction rule is just another confusing aspect of the JW blood policy. Given the number of people who have died as a result of this policy, you'd think they'd try to at least be logically consistent in their rules and the theories they are based upon.

Garybuss: I hope that elder had a pair of depends to stay dry with.

• steve2
    steve2

Here's a question no JW has ever answered (maybe it's because they cannot grasp the implications of the question):

If, when we die, nothing about us (e.g., spirit or soul) literally exists anymore, what exactly will be resurrected? Just a memory of us? That's not resurrection; that's re-creation: Someone who will think he or she is us.

I don't lie awake anymore pondering this question, but I've seen nothing in their literature that addresses this specific question - or have I missed something??

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    If, when we die, nothing about us (e.g., spirit or soul) literally exists anymore, what exactly will be resurrected? Just a memory of us? That's not resurrection; that's re-creation: Someone who will think he or she is us.

I asked a Hindu about that one time I asked him when you die and are resurrected does any part of your memory remain? Do you remember being you? So arent' YOU dead? He didn't care for that line of reasoning!

Sorry about Hijacking your thread had to comment on that!

Now as to the other things it's simple it's inconsistancy! There are no real scriptures that support any of this nonsense so they make some asine statement then when/if too many people start questioning they either change a) the belief or b) the reason for the belief! Ie- smoking is spiritism, wait smoking is bad for your health... no wait it's big business... no wait it's spirtism again! I really think thats one of the things that keeps witnesses in. Its the constantly changing belief system that make them think they are always learning. The reality is that they are simply relearning a changed belief! Then in 5 years they change it back and they relearn a different truth so they feel like they are growing all the time. The reality is they take two steps turn around then two steps in the oppisite direction then turn around and do it again it's a never ending loop but they FEEL brilliant!

• Mary
    Mary
    the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation printed that Adam and Eve were created in the same year. He said, "You're kidding!". I said "Nope" and I showed him. He sat there and urinated on himself, then he said I'll do some research on it and get back to you. (Squealed tires on 1970 Lincoln all the way down the block.) Never saw him again.

LMAO!! Good one!!

• Khazar
    Khazar

Interesting, your comments. I am a smoker. Hope that doesn't disqualify me from fellowship with you all. But, please don't preach to me. I remember all of the articles in the Awake and Watchtower citing personal stories of people who quit smoking when they got the "truth" I always believed I was inferior and at the same time believed their stories were lies. All of them said, "I found out smoking was forbidden by the Witnesses so I threw away my cigarettes and never smoked one again." No mention of withdrawal, confusion and craving. What bullshit!!! Since most of you are non-smokers, did you ever smoke and were you able to quit as mentioned with no problem. I have always wanted to know. I would appreciate your input.

Khazar

• steve2
    steve2
    Since most of you are non-smokers, did you ever smoke and were you able to quit as mentioned with no problem. I have always wanted to know. I would appreciate your input.

Hey there Khazar. Welsome to this interesting thread. One "virtue" I have had all of my life to date is absence of any substance abuse of the alcohol and drug kinds. It is enough to make me feel almost perfect. However, in practically everything else my track record is spectacularly uneven. Thank goodness, I have decided that this is not the forum for me to make specific confessions!

I must admit that when I see people smoking in public and blowing their exhaled smoke in my direction, I feel a huge wave of righteous indignation wash over me. Yet, when I think of the struggles I have had - and in some cases, continue to have - in numerous areas of my life, I reign in my self-righteousness. I empathise with you. It does seem that smokers are the modern-day pariahs in western societies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit