Why does God have to be a Person???

by frankiespeakin 31 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Think of this,,Why does God have to be a person? Is it not because we impose our own manlike image of him? Why do we even think God has emotions like ours?? The bible god Jehovah is a mythical imaginary creation of man's

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I believe this started with the Greek gods. They were all assigned human characteristics. Over time other religions adopted this idea.

There are/have been other religions (such as ancient Egyptian and Hindu) made their gods look like animals.

I suspect that if tricycles had gods they would have three wheels.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The bible god has way too many limitations to be God Almighty creator of everything.

• glitter
    glitter

Mum: Be careful with the ladybird (ladybug), it's a creature.

Mum: God is a spirit creature.

*Guess* what I thought God looked like when I was a little 'un? :D

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I bet some of our historians on the board could shed light on that. Mythology the experts say tells us about deep inner workings of our self. The collective mythologies of man reveal part of his deep psychi.

• AlanF
    AlanF

frankie, I'm surprised that you'd ask such a question!

The Bible says so!

AlanF

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Glitter,

I always had a hearing problem so for a while as a catholic I beleived in the supreme "bean" instead of "being". I figure he ruled over the vegtables.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The bible god has way too many limitations to be God Almighty creator of everything.

No kidding... hell... that god can't even beat an army that has chariots with iron scythes.

(Judges 1:19) . . .And Jehovah continued with Judah, so that he took possession of the mountainous region, but he could not dispossess the inhabitants of the low plain, because they had war chariots with iron scythes.. . .
  • BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

When my dad was grilling me about whether or not I believed in Jehovah, and if I thought Jehovah was the one true god, I had to tell him no, I didn't. His response was that the Bible tells us everything we need to know about god. I countered that I thought the Bible's descriptions of Jehovah were far to limiting and human oriented for one who is the Alpha and the Omega. Dead silence. My mom interrupted and asked if we wanted some iced tea.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Mum: Be careful with the ladybird (ladybug), it's a creature.

Mum: God is a spirit creature.

*Guess* what I thought God looked like when I was a little 'un? :D

hehe... too cute! When I was little my mom told me that babies grew inside the mother in a "nest". Yeah... I was thinking sticks and twigs and pieces of fluff and string and everything else you find in a bird nest. That one have me very "confused" for quite some time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit