WTS CORP LIST - BIG!

by Amazing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

In case of law suits set up as many companys as possible.

I wonder which ones are meet the religious corporation requirments.

hawk

• soylibre
    soylibre

I agree with Hawkaw....I have a friend who is involved with a class action law suit against the Society for alienation of affections...one of the things mentioned was "Which one do you sue?" They made it simple and sued them all! I live in Oklahoma and was a Witness here for the majority of my 12 years in the Borg....I hadn't ever heard of them incorporating here....but you can bet I'm going to try to find out.

• sonoita
  • sonoita
    sonoita

TO AMAZING,
    Your grasping at straws on this one. For instance these:

WATCHTOWER CONVENTION
    260 S. Church
    Tucson, AZ

The property above is owned by the City of Tucson, its the Convention Center. Simply an address used for the 5 DC's each summer.

WATCHTOWER CONVENTION
    207 E. Flores
    Tucson, AZ

This address is a modest 40 yr old Kingdom Hall.
    BIG DEAL...How many more inaccuracies do you have.
    Sonoita

• DrunkWithLiberty
    DrunkWithLiberty

Amazing,
    Very interesting. The Cortez, Colorado one is very strange. My father lives ten miles from this town. It is a dinky town (but it does have a Wal-Mart Super Store! LOL) in the middle of no where. Why would this corporation reside in Cortez and not in Denver? Very interesting. Next time I am at my Dad's, I will try the address

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

AMAZING....TY once again. As a youth in da truth, I attended the assembly hall in Sunnyside, Queens, NYC for many years.
    As for the replies relating to lawsuits, dodging taxes, etc, here are my observations over the years.
    Other religions use the laws i the same way-for example, when working in downtown NYC for many years, most factory buildings were owned by the Catholic Church in the area. The rent bill was disguised as a water bill to seem as no profit was being made. Funny, huh?
    Also, in NYC, taxicabs were allowed to carry a minimum of $10,000 liability insurance, so therefore, the owners would set up multiple cab compaies. In this way, if they got sued, the only assets they could actually lose were those of the cab company which was involved in an accident. The owners other assets, which were incorporated, were safe.
    Believe me, the WTS takes FULL advantage of the loopholes in the law, but no more so than any other religion or business.

Boozy

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Amazing,

tnanks for the list. As many other
    things related to the WTS, this list should receive
    a lot of publicity, particularly in Europe, where many
    things are unknown.

Btw, can you tell me, if BoozeRunner comment is correct, :

"...the WTS takes FULL advantage of the loopholes in the law, but no more so than any other religion or business."

where is " H O N E S T Y " (Hebrew 13:18 ) on the part of the
    WTS corporation/s ???

Greetings, and thanks again for your time.
    J.C.MacHislopp

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Mac,

"...the WTS takes FULL advantage of the loopholes in the law, but no more so than any other religion or business."

I think we all know the answer to that one, don't we? Of course they do. They're a business corporation, aren't they? And that's what all big businesses do.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"So often, the unpolished
    the disjointed
    Is on its way to the truth
    Ahead of the finished
    the polished."

Ken Walsh, Sometimes I Weep

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Amazing,

Would you be willing to send me that list? The big one?

Slipnslidemaster: "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
    - Salvador Dali

• outnfree
    outnfree

The Ft. Worth address, the Rochester, NY address, and the two Uniondale, NY addresses are definitely addresses of sites where multiple district conventions are held. The question is whether or not the Society now owns these properties -- as they do a convention center in Florida, do they not? -- or whether, as sonoita contends, they are just shipping/mailing addresses for use during the summer conventions.

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit