Have You Reached Christian Freedom?

by jt stumbler 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I am 3/4 of the way through I.S.O.C.F. Wow! What a trip I have embarked upon. To think that the name Jehovah is likened to Idolistic Symbolism? That going "door to door" is not scriptually based. That people who sincerely strive to live Christlike are able to use their own consciences in life and not man made "Rules". I really am feeling more and more free from guilt/stress everyday. I would appreciate others comments on this book.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I think all in all it's a great book. Although I don't agree with all of Mr. Franz' conclusions, the main issues of freedom of worship and personal accountability to God are well-defined. His scriptural analyses of WT doctrines are usually on the money, regardless of your current beliefs.

It's a good book for the newly enlightened to start them on the road to discovering their own beliefs.

Hang on to it. You'll probably want to re-read it in a year or two.

• jt stumbler
  • FairMind
    FairMind

I read ISOCF about a year ago. I liked COC much better as it exposed the WTS’ hypocrisy and arrogance. ISOCF was interesting but it just did hold my interest as well as COC.

FM

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, i reached christian freedom. Then, i achieved freedom from christianity. Ahhhhhhh

S

• coldfish
    coldfish

ISOCF is a *big* book

I've read some chapters, probably half in total. It's very well written but it's harder to chew thru the material than in COC.

Even though I don't know the full 'truth', I really do feel spiritually free now and I understand what Christianity really involves now.

The two books are what convinced me fully that the JWs aren't the true religion.

• Released
    Released

Hi JT

I just recieved ISOCF from Ray last weekend havent started it yet I also got gentile times revisited. Ive started to read it first. Its a great book so far.

As far as freedom I have found it and the release of guilt is awsome

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Great book - though I still prefer the bombshell - Crisis of Conscience

• vitty
    vitty

I thought it was a fantastic book.

I read CoC first, but thought Christian freedom was better.

It should have a warning, It freed me after 40 years

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The term "Christian Freedom" is an oxymoron.

I mean, if you're a true Christian, one that follows in Christ's footsteps and example,... Buddy, you're soooooo not free!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit