Who are "God's" enemies? Really...

by upside/down 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down

So much talk of destruction, adverse judgement and the BigA etc...

But the Bible clearly talks of destruction of "God's" enemies right? Well, who are they- really?

It can't be that many. Jesus only referred to a few as being wicked enough to deserve no life. Most people who have ever lived don't know "God" or any concrete so-called "truth". We humans suffer from having either not enough information or too much, in our short lived lives. If a resurrection were to take place and people are judged after that, then that nullifies many peoples eternal fates as taught by the majority of religions. Having "wrong" views and beliefs in and of themselves cannot be the criteria for being destroyed as an "enemy" of "God" as many people are ignorant and only trying to do the best with what they've got. Even people who claim to "hate" "God" if given a face to face with Him and their concerns and questions addressed would most likesly abandon their hate.

God's enemies appear to be those with the intellectual capacity, means, position in life, power and influence to do good to their fellow humans and choose not to. That's a pattern I see in the Bible. I think your average "joe" is going to be fine in standing before his Maker.

What do you think? Ponder

u/d

• Jez
    Jez

Only he knows. If he exists. Which I have been starting to doubt lately...... So I don't worry.

Jez

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBTS says they are the ones who get invoved with the United Nations,support the military(Rand CAM Engine Corp.),And the Tobbaco industry....I guess they were talking about themselves ..Now we know who God`s enemys are,as they have identified themselves...LOL!...OUTLAW

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Only he knows. If he exists. Which I have been starting to doubt lately...... So I don't worry.

Me, too...all of it.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I think it would be absolutely insane on God's part to think of insignificant little human beings as his enemies.

It's plain silly. I mean he's such a high form of existance that in comparison we're nothing! Nothing at all!!!

Think of it as humans harboring the thought that little insignificant ants are our enemies. It's plain silly and insane!

Just my own eccentric opinion.

DY

• Dustin
    Dustin

I think God is his own worst enemy. If he's so all powerful and everything, why doesn't he fix all the shit that's going on in the world? If God does exist, then he deserves every enemy he's made. Now I agree as insignificant humans there's not much we can do. But God is no friend of mine. I certainly don't feel any sense of awe or dread for him. The only thing I feel is disgust at how pathetic he is. And as far as his little organization, the JW's I hope they are crushed by the governments of this earth.

Wow, don't mind me. Sometimes when I start thinking about it I go off on my little angry at God tangents. So no offense to anyone out there, that's just how I feel today.

Dustin

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I would concur that most people simply do not have the capacity to rebel - either in spirit or in fact. Very few are born as powerful as Nimrod, for instance, or have the social standing and religious education of the Pharisees.

That's why I'm a Calvinist. Most will be saved whether they think they chose to be or not. Do the lambs have any choice but to go along with the shepherd when he finds them? Do crops have any choice about growing when planted correctly?

CZAR

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I believe God's worst enemies are the hypocritical religious leaders who claim to love him but in reality love their religious organization/law more than they love God. Jesus spoke out against these very ones. Whether they are members of the GB or governing members of any other religion they are enemies of God if they put their religious law above God himself or the Bible. imo.

Sabrina

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Re: Who are "God's" enemies? Really...

Go here, begin at page one and work you're way through....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/members/A/1.ashx

hope this helps ;)

Brumm

• dh
    dh
    Who are "God's" enemies? Really...

Intelligent man to whom he is of no use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit