Does you feel guilty for those you brought into the org?

by ddean3673 12 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I fear that my daughter (a few months shy of 5) will remember being at the KH and think good happy thoughts, grow up wanting to know more about them and seek a study one day. I know it's because of an article I read in one of their stupid magazines..about a woman who went there at the age of 2 (same age as my son ) with her mom. The mom then became an apostate and forbid anything jw around them. The girl grew up to want to learn more about them and eventually she got baptized, in secret, I think.

I will teach her early on about cults and the blind leading the blind. I just hope my kids never want anything to do with them.

• startingover
    startingover

I have 2 people I feel responsible for. If I get a chance, I am going to ask them what they would do if they were in my situation. I think that using that approach may be a way to tell someone the "truth" about the truth.

I have no problem with a person believing how they want to believe, but when my efforts have been the basis for getting them involved in an organization that may cost them their lives or their possessions, that's when it becomes a different story for me.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good question Dean.

I aided 9 persons to baptism. Most of them during a bout with great zeal late 70's. Most have left now, but one is a servant, and one a self righteous SOB elder if there ever was one. The servant needed a family atmosphere, and he gets that at the hall, a needy dependent sort. I am happy for that aspect to him. The elder has chosen to be self-righteous and holy, he would have been in any religious background I think. Both have free moral choice, but granted I was part of putting them there. I had persuasive arguments, and did the best job a JW dupe can do to bring 'em in! I also officiated at several weddings, and most have ended in divorce. I feel no guilt for that, or for bringing others in. I do hope to find a way to create an exit ministry for those who see a need to leave, but haven't found the path for that yet.

Free will - mine and their's.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit