Spider-Man 2 *SPOILERS ALERT WARNING!*

by Yizuman 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Finally picked up Spider-Man 2 at the Rental place on DVD....

SPOILERS ALERT! If you haven't seen the movie, don't read!....

I am totally blown away by the movie, especially the fight scene on top of the train with Doc Ock, especially when Spidey gets some pretty hairy and close up "getting darn near killed" by a passing train coming in from the opposite direction. Made me cringe!!

The best scene I love the most is when Spidey ultimately saved the passengers aboard the runaway train with him passing out, about to fall over when they grabbed him and safely carried him back inside as they laid him down.

While they got a good look at Petey, they realized, "He's just a kid!", he wakes up only to realize that they know what he looks like w/o his mask, some kid gives him his mask back saying, "We won't tell!" as the passengers all nodded in agreement. "We're glad you're back!" All smiles aboard!!!!

Then Doc Ock busts in and yells, "He's mine!", people stepped in front of Spidey saying, "If you want him, you're gonna hafta get past me!" "Me too!" and more people step in front of Doc Ock.

That scene got me pretty swelled up, wow, people began to draw strength from a super hero.

I can't wait to see S-M 3, which is due out in May 7th, 2007.

While it's on the drawing boards, which villian you'd like to see Spidey fight next?

I like to see more of the classic villians I grew up with reading Spider-Man...

Dr. Curt Connors as "The Lizard"

Mysterio

Shocker

Juggernaut

Sandman

Kingpin

Arcade

Scorpion

Basilisk

Kraven the Hunter

But there's some hints that from the second movie, Harry Osborn may reprise his father's role as the Green Goblin. Also there's J.J.'s son, the Astronant may play the role of Man-Wolf.

My take of the return of the Green Goblin? Once is enough.

Yiz

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    While it's on the drawing boards, which villian you'd like to see Spidey fight next?

I like to see more of the classic villians I grew up with reading Spider-Man...

I really loved both Spider Man 1 & 2. I never read the comic books so it was all new to me but great! I really have no idea of the villians in the comics.

I loved Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst in it too. This was the best sceen:

alt

I can't wait to see S-M 3, which is due out in May 7th, 2007.
    Thanks for the warning Yiz.....I have a standing date with my SIL and daughter to see SM-3 with them as it somehow worked out that regardless of the thousands of miles between us we mannaged to see the openings of both 1 & 2 together. We saw SM-2 in Vegas last year, I'm going to have to start saving not only for theater tickets but airfare too! LOL Humm maybe I can talk them into meeting me and hubby for the opening in Hawaii? Gotta start saving, can't wait!
  • Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

I love Spider-man. He was and still is my favorite super hero. That scene really got to me (I have to admit, a lot of parts from both of the movies make me a little misty).

The villain I think everyone is waiting for is the Symbiote. I know I'd love to see Venom show up, and maybe Carnage eventually. Other than that, I'd like to see Mysterio or Kraven the Hunter.

SPOILER WARNING

The whole Green Goblin thing, though, that's how it happens in the comics. Norman dies and Harry seeks revenge. And there's the whole Hobgoblin thing as well. There were four of them. I think I remember some comics about fights between Spiderman, the Green Goblin, AND Hobgoblin. That would make a great movie.

• heathen
    heathen

I really like what they did with the spiderman movies and own the 1st one . The second one was real cool . That CGI stuff is really blowing my mind these days . I was an avid reader of comics when I was a kid and have a stack of spidey mags from the 70's .Spiderman was always my favorite super hero . I think the next one since it will probly be the last , should have several villians and spidey hooking up with the fantastic 4 . Maybe even throw in Dr. Doom or something there . cool .

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Yiz..... I got a bit choked up with the train scene as well, but I had a few mates round whilst watchin it....so I had to be all ...OH MY GOD WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP etc etc.......

........but inside I know what you mean! I loved it.

Go Spidey sense!!!

Scoob

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I could have sworn that he had signed on for more than 3 movies originaly.

Can anyone verify this? I am looking for it on google but not comming up with anything.

Kansas District Overbeer

• heathen
    heathen

I don't know how many they will make but it just seems that the trilogy thing is something the movie industry is into these days . It wouldn't bother me if they made 50 of them . I can just assume tho that Toby mcgwyer will get other offers that he can't refuse so the whole thing will be blown to smitherines at some point.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst both signed a 3 year contract to do 3 movies.

Kristen said she won't do a 4th movie and Tobey pretty much said the same thing, because he has a very bad back, in a lot of scenes he did, it hurts his back so bad he's almost at the point of paralyzes. The execs almost dropped him because of his back from the first movie, Tobey still wanted to do them all dispite of his back because he LOVES Spider-man, so just like Spidey, he made sacrifices too. He's a great kid. After it's all said and done, he deserves to do "soft" movies, so I wish him well.

So if there's gonna be a 4th movie, it will have to be a whole new cast. Maybe some actors like the man who plays James Jona Jameson may be back and some others, but will have to see.

The writer who did S-M 2 will return, so hopefully it will be scripted out good.

I love Spider-man simply because he's just an ordinary guy, with stresses and problems like everyone else. He don't have a hidden lab, he's not rich, he makes alot of sacrifices, even his dreams to use his powers for the good of the people. He's someone I think we all can relate to.

Oh there's also another villain I liked, the Rhino. He can ram a train with his head and come out unscathed. He's a super tuff guy and can be quite a challenge for Spidey.

Yiz

• simplesally
    simplesally

My daughter loves Spider-Man. She loves both movies. I am glad that she just doesn't want to watch Care Bear movies all the time.

It's so funny to hear her tell you her version of the movie and Peter Parker!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Finally a ending that I liked in a movie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit