My wife it´s a JW yet and used to take may daughter to KH, what i can do?

by Kaique 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaique
    Kaique

My wife it´s a JW yet and used to take may daughter to KH, what i can do? I´m afraid because They may control her mind (my daughter has 3 years old). I don´t kanow how can i manage this case.

• Mulan
    Mulan

You are the father, and head of the house. You can prohibit her from taking your daughter. The elders can't do a thing about it.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

How would your wife react to you trying to teach your daughter your religion?

Can you teach your daughter also? As she grows up, she can make her decision for herself.

Dave

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Balance........ I don't think the Kingdom Hall will do your any daughter harm at all, whereas arguing about it infront of her with your wife just might, even 3 year olds are impressionable. If you are totally opposed then you can talk to her as she gets older explaining why you don't go. Always show her love whatever.

Scoob

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scoobysnax,why would you advise someone to go to the hall when your not an active JW yourself? Scotty sometimes your friggin amazing..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Outlaw.......I wasn't "advising" the mother to take her to the Kingdom Hall at all, All I was saying was that maintaining the status quo might be less harmful in the short term for the child rather than mother and father arguing about it in front of her. It's difficult to understand the full story in a few lines on a discussion board, but I gave what I felt was my best advice, The chief one being, continue to love her.

Scoob

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scoob we rarely agree on anything,but I do agree the child comes first(Dam!,I`m agreeing with you again.lol!)Thats why I don`t think the Kingdom Hall is a place to bring a child..Scotty if we ever meet up we`ll have to go out for a beer.I`ll bet your just as much a character in person..LOL!...OUTLAW

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

you are the daddy, and if your wife is doing something against your wishes, why can't you talk to her (privately) and tell her how you feel? if one parent is doing something he or she feels is harmful to the child, you have a right and a responsibility to put a stop to it. permitting your child to particpate in something you are opposed to just to keep the peace is ultimately going to make you frustrated and create a conflicted environment for your daughter. if your wife wants to study and go to meetings, let her--she's an adult. your daughter doesn't have a choice, or a voice.. but she does have YOU.

• kls
    kls

I was in the same position that you are in except my husband is the jw and when my kids were small insisted they go to meetings. Rather then have constant fights i let them attend with their dad until they were old enough to say " mom i don't want to go to any more meetings" at that point i put a stop to them going. That was many years ago and my children are now all grown and non have ever wanted to go back nor have they regretted their decision. Give it time till your daughter is old enough to say" enough" at 3 years old she is not retaining much jw crap that you need to worry about but always let her know that if she does have concerns when attending meeting that she can come to her dad and talk.

This worked for me .

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

True I&P......... but when both parents have equal rights thats when struggles ensue. Better to wait until the 3 year old gets older and starts to form her own opinion, before creating drama now about it all. I truly believe the Kingdom Hall will do her no harm, and like I said the child can make an informed decision later with her dads full support if that is the case. Look at it this way, I've seen countless people on here say they were better off having one parent in the truth and one out as they had more lee-way as they got older than those with both parents in. I'm just thinking of the kid.

OutLaw.......I'd drink you under the table!!!

Scoob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit