Tuesdays and Thursdays

by Dustin 28 Replies latest jw friends

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I

was however able to "adjust" my work schedule so that I often usually always had to work into the evenings on those nights.

Yeah and I was the good dub wife who had to bring three kids to the meeting by myself Needless to say xjw would be in the dog house that night.

I hated those nights.

cj

• undercover
    undercover
    Friday was so bittersweet, because the work week was over, but I had to spend almost the entire weekend in a suit.

Oh man, I remember that feeling well. Friday night was the worst. Worked 40-45 hours at work, spent Tues and Thurs night in a suit and Friday comes and instead of going to the movies or out somewhere fun, it was a quick dinner and prepare for Sat morning field service. Saturday morning and early afternoon in a suit, arrrggghhh! knocking on doors. Sunday morning and afternoon in a suit. Meeting and service. Sunday night was my only "down" time. Every other night was either preparing for or going to a meeting or field service.

That's how the WTS disconnects you from the real world. Don't give anyone time to pursue any other interests and make anyone who tries to feel guilty.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    I was however able to "adjust" my work schedule so that I often usually always had to work into the evenings on those nights.

Yeah, and I was the good dub wife who took the three kids to the meeting by myself. Needless to say xjw was in the dog house when I got home.

cj

OOPS double post

• Swan
    Swan

I hated Sundays. Tuesday evenings (when we generally had our long meeting) were bad, but Sunday was worse. We had meetings Sunday at 2:00 P.M. Do you know how totally screwed the rest of Sunday is when your meeting is at 2:00 pm?

So we usually spent Sunday morning studying the Watchtower that we would be going over again Sunday afternoon. Then we kids would take our baths, get ready, have lunch, and then do something quiet so we wouldn't spoil our meeting clothes. Then the meeting came. We had intermissions back then for members of the public to leave without disrupting the meeting. Then the Watchtower study, which always ran over. So we got out close to 4:30. After we got home it was time to get ready for school the next day.

Sundays totally sucked!

Tammy

Although I hated Tuesdays and Thursdays when I was forced to attend the meetings, I sure did love them after I stopped attending. While the family was at the meetings, I'd invite the girlfriend over for some fornication and booze. It was a sure thing that we'd have the opportunity to fool around while mom and dad sat in a programming session. Then one day I moved out and Tuesdays and Thursdays became like any other night of the week.

• Dustin
    Dustin

144001, that may have been the coolest response I have ever gotten!!! I am seriously still laughing outloud. That my friend is good stuff.

Dustin

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    Then one day I moved out and Tuesdays and Thursdays became like any other night of the week.

I came to realize that about Sundays, too. My grandmother would always make me put on a frilly froo-froo dress, and I absolutely hated it. I always told her that it was "false religion's" place to make Sunday important than any other day of the week.

Damn, that excuse never worked.

laters

kaykay_mp

• undercover
    undercover

Sundays are still cool to me. I eat breakfast at cool place right across the street from a church. I get there before church lets out so I can get a good seat and some quiet time to read my paper. I'm dressed down in sweats or shorts when the church goers come in after services let out. I get two kinds of looks. The "look down your nose" look from the conservative types who believe that Sunday is God's day and then I get the look of "Gee, I wish I could do what he's doing" look from kids and husbands. I enjoy those looks because I remember being exactly like that when I was still in and showing up at McDonalds on a Saturday morning in a suit and being stared at.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I never hated them - I just did not and so not enjoy them - hate is such a strong emotion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit