Women in the congregation

by fairchild 20 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

One assigned to this privilege should also be a good example in the congregation. Must the reader be a baptized brother? This is preferable but not a requirement. If none of the baptized brothers in the group are good readers, the book study conductor may decide just who in his group would be able to read in a way that would be of the greatest benefit to all in attendance. At times this may require using sisters at the book studies. It is helpful to assign readers in advance.

Wow, this is definitely NOT the case in our book study.

• prophecor
    prophecor

In the Last Days," God says, "I will pour out my Spirit on every kind of people: Your sons will prophesy, also your daughters; Your young men will see visions, your old men dream dreams.

Acts 2:17

Who does this scripture exclude?

• melmac
    melmac

See how loving Paul is towards women:

1Timothy

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
    2:12
    But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
    2:13
    For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
    2:14
    And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
    Women
    2:15
    Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
  • BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Fairchild, welcome and congradulations on you book! Awesome achievement... even for a woman (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

Growing up the only thing women were allowed to do in the congretation was play the piano for kingdom songs, or translate for the deaf. I did both.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The guy who usually does the reading has a very hard time doing it. He hopelessly stumbles over every word that consists of more than 6 letters. On the other hand, there are several women present who are excellent readers, but they are not allowed to do it.

This is plain stupid and if I was an elder in the congregation I would not allow it - reading is a teaching quality - if the brotehr is hopeless then it would be best to have no reading at all - or the conductor himself read.

*** km 7/77 p. 4 Question Box ***

One assigned to this privilege should also be a good example in the congregation. Must the reader be a baptized brother? This is preferable but not a requirement. If none of the baptized brothers in the group are good readers, the book study conductor may decide just who in his group would be able to read in a way that would be of the greatest benefit to all in attendance. At times this may require using sisters at the book studies. It is helpful to assign readers in advance.

Now this IS sensible

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    If none of the baptized brothers in the group are good readers, the book study conductor may decide just who in his group would be able to read in a way that would be of the greatest benefit to all in attendance. At times this may require using sisters at the book studies. It is helpful to assign readers in advance.

Now this IS sensible

No, this is STILL bull$hit! They will LET the woman read a paragraph or two at a bookstudy?? WOW, omg, maybe I'll go back if I can do that! You have got to be kidding! I swear in the congo I grew up in we got a new elder and the collective IQ actually doubled (notice I didn't say anything about double digits).

Girl you never apologize for being smart and published. Its more than most of them will do in their entire pathetic lives! It is so SAD!!!

Sherry (who got a little attitude reading all about this!)

• dh
    dh
    It seems every time I bring up the subject of my book being published, they start talking about something else, but this might be coincidence.

JW's don't want to hear about you making a success of something they couldn't do themselves.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Woman ??? in the congregation ??? you mean PETS NO ? (sorry couldn't hold it)

anyway ... CONGRATS Fairchild !!! (let they swin in their mud)

• steve2
    steve2
    See how loving Paul is towards women:

1Timothy

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
    2:12
    But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
    2:13
    For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
    2:14
    And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Right on melmac!!!! The main culprit for the way women have historically been treated in the church is that legalistic misogynist, the apostle Paul. Blinded by the light indeed!

• Golf
    Golf

Fairchild, copy Blondie's reference and show it to the study conductor. I'm interested in his reaction.

My best with the book.

Guest77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit