An Appalling Lack Of Manners & Social Graces

by Why Georgia 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Is it just me or are a lot of Jehovahs Witnesses just completely mannerless and lacking in social graces?

Examples......

They don't seem to say thank you for gifts or kindnesses.

I went to quite a few gatherings and burps and farts would happen without so much as a pardon me or excuse me. I was even told once it's natural and there is no reason to say excuse me.

They will just stop in at your house if they are in the neighborhood and stay for however long without even calling or getting your hints that you happened to be on your way out.

I have met some very nice and polite Witnesses but they are few and far between.

Is my experience limited - has anyone else noticed rudeness, and a lack of manners and social graces?

Wouldn't you think these things are important if you are going to try to bring people into the KH's?

• Dustin
    Dustin

I used to hate when they were out in service on Saturday, and you weren't. They always made it a point to stop in and use the bathroom early in the morning and wake me up. Find a frickin public toilet you rude pricks.

Dustin

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Dustin!

I thought that only happened at our house! It used to make me so mad because we had a new baby and babies are awake alot at night.. Ours had days and nights mixed up so as soon as 7am hit - Baby was out like a light.

Then we'd go to sleep and at 9-10 am they'd be pounding on the door! If you didn't answer they'd just keep pounding and wake up the baby!

Still pisses me off!

• Dustin
    Dustin

I don't know if you read my post the other day, but the elders used to search my car during the meeting for inappropriate music if I forgot to lock it. And even if I did I caught them peering through the windows. I was never accepted very well at get togethers either. Always people in their cliques, and I wasn't invited to join.

• Preston
    Preston

I'd like to think that they're no different from anyone else in manners...but I just had a sister from my old congregation call me up recently who I havent seen in years wondering if I could pay her rent for the month. God bless our Christian brotherhood!

- Preston

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Preston -

While you're at it, could you pay mine, too??

I'd sure appreciate it!

-Aude.

• Preston
    Preston
    Preston -

While you're at it, could you pay mine, too??

I'd sure appreciate it!

Well.....you're a helluva lot nicer about it than she was. LOL

- Preston

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Is that a 'yes' ??

<insert winking smiley here>

-Aude.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    They don't seem to say thank you for gifts or kindnesses.

hmm i especially noticed this as well... when i was briefly reunited with my sister, i got her some pretty cool things, including this chime box... she never once thanked me. i started to wonder if "thank you" had now become as forbidden as "god bless you". plus, every time i asked her a question about jw's she'd say "you twit", and i never call anyone names... and i'm not even religious!

• steve2
    steve2

But, really, to be fair to Jehovah's Witnesses regarding their lack of manners:

Surely it's hard enough having to preach the kingdom message without also being expected to practise it as well?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit