Did You Have Aspirations In The Organization??

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04

I had aspirations to not fall asleep during the Sunday meeting unless I was in the very back row,...does that count?

~Sarah

• minimus
    minimus

Some of you could've wanted to be a CO or DO's wife.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

My husband did, and still does. Big aspirations too, which I'm sure he's capable of achieving with the right partner by his side. However, as long as we're married, with my 'non-submissive'/'spiritually weak' behavior, he ain't going anywhere.

Sometimes I feel so bad for him. He's so sincere too! I honestly feel sometimes like cheating on him publicly just to give him a way out, but I know that would as well destroy him. It's a catch-22 situation.

DY

• lawrence
    lawrence

I still aspire to be nominated to the Governing Body and from there I will try to disband the gangsters.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Lawrence:I wondered about staying in, in an attempt to reform. I came to realise that it's a barrel with too many bad apples at the top.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    I once aspirated some Shasta Cola at an assembly; that was no fun.

ha ha. You beat me to that one. laters kaykay_mp

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I never had the temperament and was never an ass-kisser to be anything other than a congregation elder

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Stilla:

was never an ass-kisser to be anything other than a congregation elder

Some would say that was an oxymoron
    But since we both hold that opinion, how does the role of Elder differ from any other, whereby folks aspiring to other roles might be deemed ass-kissers?

• minimus
    minimus

Say what???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

how does the role of Elder differ from any other, whereby folks aspiring to other roles might be deemed ass-kissers?

ON reflection LittleToe you are probably right - though I honestly believe I did not ass kiss to be an elder - but of course I did toe the WTBTS party line

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit