Villagers furious with Christian Missionaries

by seawolf 11 Replies latest social current

• seawolf
    seawolf

Apparently the missionaires were refusing to provide aid unless unless the people in the Hindu village following their religion

Jubilant at seeing the relief trucks loaded with food, clothes and the much-needed medicines the villagers, many of who have not had a square meal in days, were shocked when the nuns asked them to convert before distributing biscuits and water.

I never thought I'd ever hear of this going on over there sad

http://in.news.yahoo.com/050116/139/2j1rp.html

• missy04
    missy04

Are you serious?? Sick, sick sick. Poor people.

• under74
    under74

Jesussss...it's it's like we're in the damn 1800s...

was smiling a little with this bit-

Heated arguments broke out as the locals forcibly tried to stop the relief trucks from leaving. The missionaries, who rushed into their cars on seeing television reporters and the cameras refusing to comment on the incident and managed to leave the village.

Idiotic selfish jerks. They should know their god is going to make them rot in hell for that.

And they say athiests are immoral?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sounds similar to the Fundamentalist Muslim position.
    How unChristian can you get?
    I don't recall Jesus asking if everyone was of a particular belief-set before feeding the 5000...

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Sad indeed. How could anyone deny someone because they don't believe the same. How could you not only look someone in the eye and have the ultimatium fall from your lips but then try to drive away and live w/yourself? Just terrible.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I saw John Tesh and Collie Sellecca on TV the other day as I was flipping through channels. They were being interviewed on 700 Club. They are celebrities, and profess their Christian beliefs, however they said when you go to a Muslim country and only 8 percent around you are Christian, the one thing you shouldn't do is start preaching the Gospel. They are there to help these people and bless them. It was a wonderful refreshing interview to see people who want to help and not immediately shove their beliefs on these people.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

That is unbelieably UNChristian. Makes me so sad to hear that. Thankfully the article does say this at the end.

"The incident is an exception to concerted charity in a catastrophe that has left no one untouched.(ANI)"

• Bryan
    Bryan

Must have been the bOrg.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Damned Heathens! Their satanic gods would rather they starve rather than accept the Lord and Saviour.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Hmmmmm WWJD?

Damn them to eternal Hellfire! Yes I think that is what he would do lol(sarc)

u/d Fire Eyes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit