Tempers A Flare at "Quick Builds"

by orangefatcat 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Beck_Melbourne hellooOooo, good to see you after all this time.

I'd get pretty stressed if they asked me to get one of those darn things up in 3 days too. Wouldnt it be good if the WT shared those "uniting" stories though:

"Brother Dave hit his hand of the fking hammer, meanwhile sister rightous giggled loudly, causing bro dave's wife to become extrememly aggressive and show rightous indignation towards her, being loyal witnesses they exchanged a few four letter words and then gave each other a hug, truely Jehovah's people are the happiest on earth"

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

he would lambaste another witness who was around 18 or 19yrs old and was told in a berating fashion that his work was no good enough or that he had forgotten to do something

It's amazing how quickly a couple good shots to the head will change someone's attitude! I used to have to kick the $hit out of someone about once a month while I was working construction... So I quit doing that and became a corrections officer... good choice right!

• Ticker
    Ticker

I seen it happen at a hall remodelling. This one guy was real moody and he was a jerk to quite a few people during reno's, snapping and barking at them. He was trying to run the show and felt the ball didnt roll without him. Shows their just like everyone else not the special elite class they try to portray.

Ticker

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If a brother is an experienced builder and another brother says something has to be done a certain way , that usually created nasty arguments - so yes I have seen this sort of thing before at builds

• Maverick
    Maverick

I've been in the remodeling business for 22 years and worked a few Quick-Builds. I hated to bring my work truck to the site because the Bros would just help themselves to my tools. I found one kid smacking rocks with my framing hammer! One overseer told...not asked, told...me to come back the following weekend and install a huge patio outside. Like a good little Nit-Witness I bought the brick and came the next weekend to do the work. I thought there would be a crew of volunteers. Stupid me! ONE BRO showed up and it was not that butt-head Elder. I worked like a dog all weekend and when I gave that Elder the bill for the brick he was angry! He thought I was going to pay for it! If that had been a worldly job I would have gotten over $2000 for the labor alone and this loser wanted me to pay for the brick too? Never again! They would call me and I would just never call them back!

• Balsam
    Balsam

I have to say my son at 16 had a great time at quick builds once he got away from an Elder who was wanting to control him. We backed him up and he got to work and hang with other young folks from other areas. They had a ball and learned a little building skills too. But he said there was lots of tempers flairing there. He still remembers them with fond memories. He said the only fond memories he has. LOL

• eyeslice
    eyeslice
    If a brother is an experienced builder and another brother says something has to be done a certain way , that usually created nasty arguments - so yes I have seen this sort of thing before at builds

I have seen this quite a number of times. The worst trouble comes when the experience brother is 'just' a publisher and the other brother is an elder construction overseer. The whole JW thing is a hierarchy; and the senior person has the last say, not the most suitable. Eyeslice

• TD
    TD

Without trying to defend a grouch, it's certainly got to be frustrating for those Witnesses with skills in the construction trades at quick builds.

A project manager for a large commercial contractor (e.g. Duke/Fluor Daniel, Bechtel etc.) is a fairly educated individual. He or she has gone to college, and studied a lot of different things including chemistry, physics, calculus at least though differential equations, construction and contract law and structural engineering and/or mechanical engineering. Most earn a degree in one of the latter two fields. (Which is why the television series, "The Apprentice" is such a joke)

However this means nothing in the Witness world. Hours spent in the field ministry are far more important than real qualifications for the job at hand. Qualified individuals most cope not only with the incompetence of most of the local elders, they ususally have to cope with the fact that they are running the show.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

my father was the septic man, he worked like a dog at many many KH quick builds of course the septics had to be done prior to the quick builds. My dad spent years in literal shit and was never given credit for all his works. My mother blames the brothers in charge of quick builds with his death. seeing how he spent so much time uncloggin septics and repairing weeping tiles that he got ill and then cancer and eventually died. Yes he spent hundreds of hours working and cleaning for so many Northen KH as they had no attachment to the towns sewage system

I think that from what I have read alot of brothers and sisters too were spoken to in anger.

Oh well.

Love Orangefatcat.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I noticed this when I did construction I was an electrician so it had to be to code the jackass elder's always new better than code and they thought it should be done the way they said and blah blah blah like gnats droning on I just kept working!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit