To fade or not to fade--Judicial question.

by FreedomFrog 24 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The things that troubles me Dave is they mention a JC meeting. I would have my antenna up and wonder exactly why can't they discuss this with you with being in a JC meeting.

I never attended a JC when I left. I was disfellowshipped in absentia. I have seen how they try and put words in your mouth, how they try and trip you up. They are manipulative. They pretend that they want to help you but look out for there stradegy. Whatch and weigh you words. I am only sujesting this, do you have a mini recorder and record your meeting with them in case they say something different then what you said. It's protecting yourself. They don't need to know that you have a recording device. They may ask, but I wouldnt darn tell them that I am recording the converstation.

Whatever choice you make I hope it goes well with you. Don't take anything laying down. You have rights even if they think you don't.

Wishing you the very best.

Love Orangefatcat.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I summoned the elders to a public meeting in 1996 by registered mail and none showed up so I disfellowshipped them. Seemed fair. If they are put on the defensive in a public way, the elders run like rats in a chicken house fire. These are not people who deserve any respect. People who would shun us if we are honest do not deserve any respect because they are not respectable.

If we all became vocal and public, the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation would have more trouble than even they could manage. The Watch Tower loves fade aways. Those they can obviously manage.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Do you think knowing what you do and feeling what you do about what the WTS teaches, that you will be able to hide it from your family, the family you say is so close to you?

Blondie...that's a good point...I'd have to answer no. I love them too much. I'd always feel like I need to help them. Which in turn would result in annihilating them from me anyway. If I choose to not go the JC meeting then I WILL be DF'd. Maybe my DF'ing will cause them to do their OWN research. I did give them a lot to think about already.

And you're right, I do at least have Dave's love and support. And my children won't have to be messed up. They can grow up as normal human beings.

I summoned the elders to a public meeting in 1996 by registered mail and none showed up so I disfellowshipped them. Seemed fair.

lol...I'd LOVE to see what their expressions where when they opened up that letter.

Gina

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Oops! I posted under Dave...didn't realize he was still signed on.

FFrog

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I summoned the elders to a public meeting in 1996 by registered mail and none showed up so I disfellowshipped them.

I like your style.Turn it back on them and see how well they like it.

POZ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit