To fade or not to fade--Judicial question.

by FreedomFrog 24 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I just got off the phone with one of the elders. They said that if I do go to the JC and ask them to help me understand why they believe certain stuff and then ask for a study I will probably not get DF'd. I can "bow" down to them and do their little game if the results would help my family.

I love my family very much. We've always been tight to where everyone in the family knew what was happening to the others. I'm having trouble getting over the fact that I will be cast out. If my parents saw that I did "try" and I was still coming up with the same beliefs then it may help them later come out. And in the mean time may help that elder as well. I do feel I have a strong case. But at the same time I don't want to lose my self. I don't want to "follow" anyone. I want to follow God and God alone. I don't want to be "brain washed" by anyone.

Has anyone done this. And if so, what was the result? And if you have anyother suggestions I would like to hear them.

FFrog

• jgnat
    jgnat

Humm, call me suspicious, but why does the elder want you in the JC so bad? What is HIS motive?

Why does his decision have any bearing in your future happiness with your family? Does no-one in your family have a backbone?

If I am sounding totally off-base tonight, forgive me. I never did get infected with the JW-virus, and sometimes their mental gymnastics baffles me.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    but why does the elder want you in the JC so bad? What is HIS motive?

Good question...though, I would believe that the Borg wants to try to reassimilate me.alt

• setfree
    setfree

Good luck. You are fighting a losing battle IMHO. Ask them on who's authority are you called to the JC.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    You are fighting a losing battle IMHO.

That's what I'm a little concerned about. I guess I need to know that I've done all I could for my family. And I'm having a real hard time getting my head around this. Has ANYONE been successful doing this?

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    They said that if I do go to the JC and ask them to help me understand why they believe certain stuff and then ask for a study I will probably not get DF'd.

They are just saying that to get you to the JC. You guys where caught "red handed" with xmas decorations. Which means everybody in the KH probably knows about it, they HAVE to DF you to keep the rest of the RF inline. They are just tickling your ears to get you to show up. It will be nothing but an inquisition when you get there. They are not going to help you understand anything because "you are babtised" and should already know the JW stand on the doctrins.

I feel for you guys, it's a no win situation that you are in.

Glenn

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I'd suggest you go in with a recorder, set it up, and say "you won't mind if I record this, afterall, I want to make sure I get everything right so I can do the things you request of me."

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    They are just tickling your ears to get you to show up. It will be nothing but an inquisition when you get there. They are not going to help you understand anything because "you are babtised" and should already know the JW stand on the doctrins.

This is very true.

IMO if you have family still in it might be better to fade.

Hugs to you and hubby

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I would like to fade but now that this JC (Judgement Crap) meeting is...how did they put it..."going to happen whether we are there or not" I now have to decide on two unfavorable options.

1. Go and play their game. But as I'm "fading" I will never really feel free. Always feeling like I'm looking over my shoulder for the next JC.

or

2. Bite the bullet and say "to hell with it" and start putting my life back together.

I hope that I gave enough material for my parents to read and research that will cause them to see how the WTS is misleading people.

I'm wondering if me being DF'd will shock my parents into doing their own research.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Have some fun with it! These guys are HOPPED UP JANITORS FOR CHRIST SAKE! They have no power over you now! Go in there and have fun when they start being serious laugh at them tell them that they are fools! Ask them to show you in romans 14 how celebrating x-mas is wrong when they reach for the watchtower say "hell no bro!" Make them show you OUT OF THE BIBLE where their authority comes from!

Your doomed anyway might as well go down with a smile... Go to the hall the night they announce it and sit dead center front row!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit