I need to make a very important decision

by crizlee 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully
    now how i can claim as independent on my FAFSA? i just got Form W-4 today, and my dad says i cant claim myself as independant on it. I dont know why. is it cuz i live with my parents still? My parents bring a heavy income so I know i wont be getting any financial help if I claim as dependant.

It sounds to me like your parents (your dad in particular) is trying to manipulate you into a position of being dependent on them for financial assistance for your education.

How soon do you have to send in your FAFSA application? If you can delay sending an application until you are living on campus or in an apartment of your own, you should be able to claim as independent at that point. Is there any way you can work and put some money of your own aside to get you started and tide you over until FAFSA funding comes through once you are on your own?

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

It sounds to me like your parents (your dad in particular) is trying to manipulate you into a position of being dependent on them for financial assistance for your education.

How soon do you have to send in your FAFSA application? If you can delay sending an application until you are living on campus or in an apartment of your own, you should be able to claim as independent at that point. Is there any way you can work and put some money of your own aside to get you started and tide you over until FAFSA funding comes through once you are on your own?

Right on Scully. If this person continues living at home & the parents won't co-operate or pay, it ain't happening. Typical jw move, isn't it, try and manipulate & control everyone around them. What a shame! The financial aid system needs an overhaul for people like this.

• crizlee
    crizlee

Ive made the decision of going to A&M, staying at home, doing the NROTC program even if i dont get the scholarship, getting my aerospace engineering degree, and they made it clear i dont have to do anything with the religion anymore. i just accepted the offer from A&m, man im so happy, just hoping ill get that navy scholarship now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit