ExJW's Make Better Lovers?

by COMF 42 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

I don't mean in general, I mean for exJW's... is there a noticable advantage to pairing with someone with the same background? I'd like to read your thoughts and experiences on this subject.

I've been romantically involved few times, since "the light got brighter" for me about the organization, with people who didn't know anything about JW's before meeting me. One of them viewed my exJW activity as a bit obsessive but okay as long as she got to obsess on her favorite obesssions, too. Another eyed me warily and mused about emotional baggage. A third didn't even give it any thought; she wasn't interested in talking about it; it was boring (let's go shopping!).

I haven't yet had the opportunity to experience involvement with an exJW. Take it as a given that we would still be looking for qualities we want in a partner, i.e., honesty, good self-esteem, zest for life, hot bod, etc.

My interest in and activity with exJWs doesn't show any sign of waning although I've been at it for about five years now. I wonder if it wouldn't be better to be involved with someone who understands immediately what I'm talking about when I mention something from this or one of the other boards; after all, they do receive a significant amount of my attention. Are there disadvantages unique to this kind of pairing, that would make sticking to "worldly people" a better way to go? Or does it just come down to the individual, after all? What do you think? What is your experience?

Singleness is upon me, and Dallas appears to have a dearth of eligible exJW ladies. And my rich daddy doesn't have a faithful servant to send on a caravan back to the old stomping grounds. Here we go again...

COMF

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Ummm Comf is this a personal???? Maybe this should be in the Dating forum!!!

hahhaha Just kidding buddy. No I hear ya, it's such a part of who we are, being an exjw, and it's something we'll always have with us, our needs for discussing and being at these boards will very through our lives due to the experiences we encouter. Therefore I think it'd be optimum to find someone who's had a similar experience or is at least interested in it!!! I think that'd be vital for me at least, becuase it's such a part of me now!!!

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Actually, I have amny ex-JW friends and after much discussion and comparing experiences we find that many ex-jw's are extremley sexual. Even more sexual and with a higher sex drive than the average 'worldly' person. So yeah, I would say most ex-jw's make better lovers
    :p

• JanH
    JanH

Fred,

What gives you the idea to ask this question? Been in the chat room again, old mate?

(PS: Don't have a sufficient sampling rate of either category to know for sure. Will come back to you when I do!)

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• Prisca
    Prisca

I know exactly where you are coming from, COMF.

I find it hard to relate to someone who has never been a JW, simply because being a JW is a different culture to that of not being a JW. Especially when you have been raised as a JW, as I was.

I have tried to date never-been-JWs, but it just isn't the same as being with someone who has some inkling of what it was like. If you happen to mention you used to be a JW, you get this look like you've got 3 heads or something!

In the past year or so, I have gotten to know a couple of ex-JWs via the internet, although I am yet to actually experience a real romance with an ex-JW. It is good to have someone who can relate to you, since they had similar experiences to you.

And my interest in ex-JW issues is also nowhere near waning yet. So I think someone who hasn't been through that experience wouldn't appreciate the interest I have in it. And I think the longer a person was a JW, the longer it takes to get it out of your system. So for people like me who were raised as a JW, it is going to take a loong time for me to get it out of my system.

In my experience, I find it much easier to talk to an ex-JW than someone who never was one. And that ease definitely crosses over to a possible love-life (when I eventually get one! )

LOL @ bboyneko. That probably comes from being sexually repressed for so long!!!

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

comf, thanks for posting this! i too have been wondering about exjw's as lovers, since i am recently single as well. i've never been with a jw or an xjw and am curious what others have to say on this topic i do know that i enjoy talking with xjws since i never have to explain any of the wacky jw rules i was forced to live by growing up. at least most of my worldly b/fs have been nice enough to (well, at least pretend to) listen to me when i would talk about jw stuff. so if/when i ever hook up with an xjw, i'll be sure to send you a full report with pics lololol

comf, here's to a new chapter in life hope you enjoy!

love
    harmony

"If God has spoken, why is the world not convinced?"
    ..........Percy Bysshe Shelley, English poet (1792-1822)

• orbison
    orbison

well comf if your ever in vancouver, give me a call and we will see

wendy

• Simon
    Simon

As an exJW and in the interest of scientific study, I'd be happy to volunteer my services to all attractive female exJWs to make a detailed investigation of the matter

I am seriously dead when Angharad reads this...

• mommy
    mommy

HAHA Simon,
    I am forwarding this to her in case she misses it!
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Good question. Seems you've already received at least one invitation to gather evidence for your research, maybe you'll get a few more before this thread runs out.

You might also ask AlanF and the Mrs. or Freepeace and Think41Self- both are ex-JW pairs.

(edited because I made an unbelievable mistake in one of the above nicknames. Tracy, I hope you didn't read this before I fixed it!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit