Was anyone an actor in the District Convention Dramas?

by Low-Key Lysmith 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was in the 1976 drama involving my "studying to be an elder" and not putting special importance on the Circuit Overseer and saying, "well, 1975 has come and gone..."

• Englishman
    Englishman

The dramas were a hoot! Especially when you saw some cockney Londoner being voiced over with a Brooklyn accent!

"Aw, swell, Pa, I'd much rather have a Bible study than play baseball!"

Or:

"Gee, Mom, I 'm having a real problem with masturbation. Should we talk with the elders about this?"

Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Englishman.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I was with a group of people pretending to throw stones at someone. Don't remember what the point was. But it was better than sitting in the hot seats all day in the sun. This was to the best of my memory, 1966/1967 in CandleStick Park in California. I was about 5/6 years old.

Also, I almost forgot, I was in a part when I was about 9. I had to tell of the time when my faith in Jehovah was tested............I was in Kindergarden and the teacher kept putting my hand over my heart and I kept dropping it to my side.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

LOL Nina! I laughed at Satan and the bees in cohoots together! I was in drama mid 80's..played a rebellious teen. Was up for second role a few years later but they found out I was living the part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit