come on guys, you can do better than this !

by deddaisy 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

Unfortunately, I have to drive past the local kh (not my home kh) every day. It is only 1/4 mile from where I work. This sucks because I get a daily reminder of my jw past.

I was thinking about printing out the un scandal and then sneaking over to the kh on a thurs. night. I figure I could fly through the parking lot and slip a piece of paper under each windshield wiper. I could do the entire lot in about 2-3 minutes. Even if someone saw me and called the police I would be long gone before they got there. A minor trespassing charge wouldn't mean crap to me anyways even if I did get caught.

Another idea I have is to print everything and then run around town early in the morning to distribute them. I'll go to all of the newspaper machines, drop my quarter in and then slip a piece of paper into each one of the newspapers. Everyone that buys a paper also gets a little un info.

I am even willing to put up several hundred $$ to send each of the local publishers a copy of C.O.C. I just need to figure out how to get the most bang for my buck.

Hell hath no fury like that of a pissed off Apostate!

• lurk
    lurk

whats happening here !!!

youve got all entusiastic.

i feel i can not do anything..im keeping my mouth shut just so i can keep my friends ,a few of which still keep contact.maybe the truth is that in side im still afriad ithat might be standing against god himself.even though ive done the research enough to leave!!! and even after reading wintsons smiths letter to the WTS (which was a brillaint letter )

theres this fear still lurks inside DAMMIT.

lurk

• Gill
    Gill

Pack in lurking for a start! It's not healthy!

Step one, change your name, to something a bit more positive.

Step two, recognise there is nothing to fear but fear itself. What's the worse that could happen?

You know it can't be right. Why would God keep changing his mind about things?

Also, if your neighbour came round to see you and told you that he and his friend Mike were now God's mouthpiece on Earth and only he and Mike could mediate between you and God....Well......would you join their cult?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not yet have the courage to fully leave -I prefer to stay on the inside and leak information to you guys

• lurk
    lurk

i cant get anyone in the congregation to tell me anything thats happening .they just clam up..i like to here whats going on stillajwelder.

Gill said:

Also, if your neighbour came round to see you and told you that he and his friend Mike were now God's mouthpiece on Earth and only he and Mike could mediate between you and God....Well......would you join their cult?

noooo but thats differant..but how did any of us join anyway? its slow and gentle like a good pick pocket stealing your ability to think as an individual.i know it can't be right ,but that need for certainty and someone else doing all your thinking for you for years make you mentally weaker ,harder to get out and stay out i think.I cant imagine how hard and painfull that must be if your whole family are in .

posters and leaflets is great if they are not attacking

good points about the way we act (Gill & Jez) food for thought....
    lurk

• TonyT
    TonyT

"I figure I could fly through the parking lot and slip a piece of paper under each windshield wiper. I could do the entire lot in about 2-3 minutes. Even if someone saw me and called the police I would be long gone before they got there. A minor trespassing charge wouldn't mean crap to me anyways even if I did get caught." A tresspassing charge!??? I guess only the dubs have the right to leave their crap errr... religious material where its not wanted.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Don't blame the JW's for your failure in life, that's yours. And don't give the JW's your freedom in life, that's yours.

There's nothing like a good look at the mirror. Good shakeup!

TAKE CONTROL BACK.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

I apologize, I got a bit screwed up on who said what, thus I've omitted most names (Gill, Jez, Alone in Oh) from quotes instead of applying the incorrect name to each quote......................

Sorry to bore you, how about a game of golf?--------------------Golf

Hi Golf, noone on this board has ever bored me ! I was being a bit facetious, in actuality it's the JW thing I think we all get to the point of being bored with. I think even the die-hard JWs are gettting bored with BEING JWs. Honestly, the sisters that come to my door (diehards) look SOOO tired, it's almost as if they're old actresses that have said their lines so many times that now they just want to get it done with so they can collect their paycheck .......... AND, I of course listen to the spiel nonchalently because I realize that talking to a witness in person is like talking to a wall.

Actually I am truly fond of MOST of the JWs I know, but I recall as a kid many being ARROGANT and SELF RIGHTEOUS, turning their noses up at anyone who wasn't a JW. NOW, they see that many so called "worldly" people may have experienced the SAME life experiences as them, that all "worldly" people don't have tragic things happen to them because they DESERVE it, that JW-ism did not protect JWs from life, and now it doesn't protect them from growing old. They're growing old right along with the ones they felt superior to. They're now as bored with the JW lingo as we are.......................

"Everyone where I work knows that I am an exjw. I even used to tell them
    that I believed it was the truth, but I just didn't want to live that
    way".---------------

We go through "deprogramming," don't you think ? I swear, I was away from this goofy religion for YEARS, never was baptized, NEVER was comfortable with it, and STILL somehow thought they were "right." I realize now that someone that "blinded by the light" most likely won't hear with an open mind what's being said. That is why I now refrain from arguing about the WTS's "truth" with JWs..................

"I totally agree with you. We HAVE to do more but it's not that easy.
    IF we don't act slowly and rationally they don't listen, meaning relatives
    and immeadiately the shutter go up."-----------------------

I totally agree, the shutters don't just "go" up, they're ALWAYS up. I don't talk to my relatives regarding the "truth" anymore. So many on this board and elsewhere have paved the way and made it easy to attempt to reach JWs without discussing the truth with them. Hopefully you'll reach my relatives, I'll reach yours. Well, eventually. I make copies of UN papers and send them to everyone I know to give to JWs that come to the door. I send them out of state and have a friend mail them to halls and JWs. This Memorial I'll put nothing more than the UN's website address on a paper and put it on each car in the K.H. lot. I don't care if it only reaches one witness. If just ONE witness gets curious and looks it up, it's worth it. But I know if enough people do this, sooner or later wondering JWs will receive information that they can glance at in the privacy of their homes without confrontation. Plant the seed, right..................

• avengers
    avengers

Hey Deddaisy.

Good to "see" you. You ain't ded at all; alive and jumpin' is more like it.

Go right ahead and stir things up.

Andy

• Thinking
    Thinking

I wanted to let you all know, that from coming here and reading the different posts, I went to Barnes & Noble last night and ordered COC and the other one, (sorry can't think of name right now)

I have alot of friends that are hurting from organizational decisions. I always wondered why I felt like I was on the outskits could never actually jump in.

My 17 yr old daughter refused to go to the meetings, she was hurt too. Judgemental elders, crazy sisters. I brought her up to think (isnt that what we were supposed to be doing) and I love her and especially her spirit. And could not in good conscience let her be further suppressed. Maybe now she can have some kind of normal adult life.

I am not sure what I am going to do, but I know with each little chapter in my life the "truth" takes on different meanings. I remember going to a counseller early on in being a witness and feeling as though I was not going to be able to get the witnesses to see me any differently than they did at that time. He said "you can outgrow a congregation" Maybe we can outgrow the whole organization. I am finding it hard to believe, but maybe that is true. From learning from the witnesses it has helped me alot. And I have found many to be very loving, giving people. But I do see the other side to.

I just wanted you to know that I ordered the books and look forward to reading about the organization from this other perspective. If nothing else, I will be informed if ever confronted.

Thank-you,

Thinking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit