Do you really hate JWs?..... or is it the WT??

by ScoobySnax 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

To me, Jehovah's Witnesses are the Watchtower Society. I don't think you can seperate the 2. They are both inseperably joined, infact the WT defines how JWs believe. Many here say they don't "hate" JWs individually, just the Society, ie the WT.

Where in your personal opinion is the distinction drawn?? and how do you define the difference between the 2 ???

Scoob

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Watchtower, definitely. The dubs are just misled. They bear 10-20% guilt for their decisions, but the rest I believe goes to Brooklyn's account.

If Brooklyn issued an edict saying that DF'd ones were not to be shunned anymore, how many JW's would still do it? Darn few, I bet.

Dave

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

I just really hate the WT. But it boggles the mind that JW's really cant see that it's a cult, with all the criteria that is documented today. Come on, Russell was a certified fcknut. If JW's actually read that big green book published by the Society about Witless history, they would see that.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Valis
    Valis

Scoob, while I was on your island I met some very nice JWs. They fed me, were cordial, and never talked about religion. Having said that when someone gets on the road they observe the signs they think are correct and unfortunately most JWs fail to see that some directions lead to to being a shitty driver or at least have bad experiences dealing w/the roundabout of life. My parents are JWs and I know I can't change their choices, but at least I can wear the orange vest to make sure I or other people don't get run over.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    My parents are JWs and I know I can't change their choices, but at least I can wear the orange vest to make sure I or other people don't get run over.

Well said, Valis.

laters

kaykay_mp

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

ok ok.......listening......

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

One thing though Valis........ I never found JWs like that. I always found mostly they were confident in their faith, I'm sure you could ask most people here about their experiences in their congregations, and on the whole most were determined to remain "in" at whatever cost. Of course there was waverers, I was one of them. But I couldn't knock my fellow attendees in the Cong. The majority were solid.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, it is an interesting question, because the organization is hierarchical and it digs deep into individual congregations. We're not just talking about the GB or Bethel, but the district overseers, the circuit overseers, the elders, the ministerial servants, and so forth. When we talk about the policies that affect people most (blood, shunning, pedophilia policies), it's the elders and other local-level authorities that come up a lot...

• Honesty
    Honesty

I don't hate either one. As a matter of fact I really have love for my JW friends. Especially the ones that feel hatred toward me because I'm an apostate. It does tear me up inside that their faith is in an organisation with, what I sincerely think with all my being, very unscriptural practices such as faith in the org instead of faith in Jesus, offering up their children at will on the altar of the Watchtower to die when the scriptures plainly state that God is the Live-giver and the Life-taker, not us or any religion, flip-flopping back and forth on doctrine and calling it "New Light" (more like a blinking light or better yet NO LIGHT).

As for the WTBTS, that is another matter altogether. Armageddon may arrive for it sooner than they think.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Honesty, I honestly (paradox anyone?!) don't think any JW hates you for being an apostate, yes they might keep away and feel even a bit concerned as to why you may have got d/f or disassociated. But I'm convinced they don't hate you. I'm sure they feel the love for you that you say you do them still.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit