Magazines adding up at the KH ?

by cab1000 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cab1000
    cab1000

No doubt there are several faders on the board. If your like me, you had been active, and had been recieving the magazines at the counter, every week. Then we start missing meetings, then disappear. I wonder what they are doing with my pile, since it has been almost two years since I have been there. I figure that they are waiting till the pile gets too big, and then just passing them along to the pioneers. Maybe they have taken me off the list? If I am still on the list, the magazine guy has to wonder why I haven't been in a while.

It makes me wonder....

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

When I was a pioneer people used to bring in their "old magazines" that they weren't able to "place" and we were to hand them out at laudrymats, etc. People used to literally bring in stacks of mags that were anywhere from 1 - 5 to maybe 10 years old.

So they were very active yet, never managed to place all those mags and now it became up to us to get them out there. Anytime I ever see mags at any Doc's office or laudrymat I throw them away. I just hate for them to be lying around.

• cab1000
    cab1000

I remember in our congregation, we would "get rid of" the older magazines on what we refered to as a " Early Run" That would start about eight in the morning to about nine, and then we would meet with the group for nomal service. When you are pioneering, that extra hour really helped, and it was so easy, cause there was no talking involved. They called it the "early run" because they had a pattern of places that they would drive to to drop off the old issues. What a waste of time that was...

Has anyone else been on an "early run"? Or, was that just something my congregation did?

~cab

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I wondered that myself. Just the other day I was cleaning out the bookcases etc, and was going through all my old mags. Back when we still had the subscriptions, we were not attending meetings, and there were alot of issues missing. We would get afew dropped off in the mailbox, but what happened to all the ones with our names and address on the labels? Things that make you go hhmmmm.

Now they don't leave them unless we answer the door. I never answer the door if I'm home alone, and if hubby is home I send him to the door.

BB

• cab1000
    cab1000

As we faded, the meetings would get farther and farther apart, the litiature guy would hunt us down on the way out of the hall and hand us a BIG stack of mags. I started to refuse them!! I would take a few, and tell him I have no use for the rest, and to give them to someone who would use them...

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I think the MS in charge of the magazines has the discretion (oh the power!!!!) to change the order when he sees fit, such as in cases of people who are no longer attending.

• blondie
    blondie

I agree, wolfgirl. If you have missed attending for several months, they will reassign the magazines to others and cancel your order. When you show up again, they will renew the order.

• cab1000
    cab1000

ahh...Now I dont feel so bad about that... I was really considering calling the magazine brother, and telling him to stop my "order" but then that would lead to the WHY??? Then the D'fn...cant have that right now....

• sf
    sf
    Anytime I ever see mags at any Doc's office or laudrymat I throw them away. I just hate for them to be lying around.

I (used) to do the same. Yet now I write website URLs [freeminds, silentlambs and quotes] on the front covers with a small message for the potential reader.

sKally

• sf
    sf

~duplicate post~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit