What inanimate objects "move" you?

by AlmostAtheist 17 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

The Taj Mahal in India has to be one of the most breath-taking pieces of architecture ever created by mankind.

I am sure that there cannot be many people who visit it who are not moved by its magnificence and the immortality bestowed by Shah Jehan on his favorite wife by this building created as her final resting place.

Eyeslice

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Scootergirl

object that I wear everday. It is the wedding band of my late husband.

What a beautiful sentiment.

Thanks for that

Eyeslice

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I love old baseball gloves. I have one in my office from some unknown person and time. It reminds me of the boyish joy that comes from playing ball with your friends. And that Babe Ruth played on the same field, by the same rules, threw the same ball the same distance and ran the same bases.

And the fact that no one elses baseball glove fits like yours.

If you buy that statue someday Dave, I'll send my old glove in the office so the fellow can have it. He probably deserves it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What inanimate objects "move" you?

My car.

Sorry... couldn't help myself.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

LOL at Elsewhere

The roof of the Sistine Chapel

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

A needlepoint picture of a cat that is framed and covered and hanging on a wall and a half dozen afghans that were made by my late wife.

Guess she really was the love of my life.

Scootergirl................nice to hear that you have that wedding ring. My daughter has her mothers ring but I still have my wedding band and it is on my keyring.

HappyDad

• upside/down
    upside/down

Manmade: St Lous Arch, Mt. Rushmore, the Twin Towers, cut diamonds, ruby's and emeralds.

Natural: Yosemite Valley, the Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns, Devil's Tower (Wy), Palancar Reef

Favorite: My wife when she would be asleep naked with one of our babies - very inanimate, VERY MOVING!!! (oxy-moron?)

I think I found a "happy place".

u/d

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Stuffed animals which I've slept with for many years. My oldest is 'Snaky" actually a green caterpillar crocheted for me by my mother when I was very small. Also a number of bears and other creatures. I've told them so much over the years, shared so many hopes and reams, and theyve kept me safe while I slept. I feel my heart tug every time I look at them (or when they look at me). Also feel something toward my bicycle, perhaps it represents freedom or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit