Can anyone help me?

by aud8 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

aud8:

I spent many years in the org and tried to 'fade away'. Worked for a while, but I live in a small town and it was hard to fade. At any rate, you will come to realize a lot of things over the next few months. Your family being out will be a real blessing, as it has been for me. I never realized just how much I would cherish the freedom of not having to worry about Armageddon. The phrase, "Been down so long, looks like up to me" comes to mind. In other words, you live your life in a certain way for a long time, changing that life pattern is very traumatic at first. Hang in there, most of us on this board have been through the same thing.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

aud8,

My prayers are with you dear! I know what you're going through must be heartwrenching. But the guilt you feel is normal. Unlike what the WTS teaches, God is a forgiving and loving God. He has already forgiven you for any sin you've done. You don't need a body of elders to forgive you. It's none of their business.

Please keep coming back to this board! Here you will find healing, laughter, arguments, and solace...just like family. You will eventually overcome the pain...but only if you do not cut yourself from God. I made that mistake and went through even more pain. Continue praying and reading your Bible and researching to discover Truth. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Christian love,

Billygoat

God Rules,

Concerning your advice to aud8. I was in aud8's same situation. My sin was a sin that nobody in the congregation would ever find out about. But did I try to hide it? No. I felt what I did was wrong and went to the elders to confess. I was truly saddened that I would bring this sin into my life and wanted to clean my life up. What happened? I was disfellowshipped within 30 minutes. No discussion, no time for it really. I confessed. They met. I was dfed. I was 18, living at home, my parents were not allowed in the meeting. What do you say to situations like that? Just confessing to the elders isn't going to necessarily help a person. It didn't me. Please don't make it sound like this is a perfect organization with perfect procedures. (If it were, you wouldn't be on this board either!)

"Just do this and all will be well?" Uh-uh. I don't think so. Let history prove that.

Billygoat

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Dear Aud8,

In the end my dear, you must save yourself...

You are through the exit door, now RUN LIKE HELL!!

You are FREE!

It takes time to get over the fear instilled in you over the years by the JWs, but it will happen.

A toast to you (can you hear the tinkling of the glasses?), "Let the fun begin".

California Sunshine

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

• wondering alot
    wondering alot

Hang in their Aud8, you're back on the road. We may never in this time know the whole truth, but keep on searching.

And in the end
    The love you take
    Is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

peace be with us all.

• ReverendRoy
    ReverendRoy

AS hard as it may be, only you can decide this. It is not easy. Being disfellowshipped 22 years ago, I wish at age 18 I had been able to disassociate myself. I did not have the courage to do so ... it is easy for me to say jsut walk away, which I would recommend for anyone involved.

You know what is right in your heart...with prayer, meditation and the support of others you can do this. You will not be alone as you can see freom the many posts here.

I wish you the best in any decision you make....

Reverend Roy
    "Why is it when we talk to God we're praying - but when God talks to us, we're schizophrenic?"
    - Stop in at Reverend Roy's Voodoo Lounge where nothing is sacred: http://www.geocities.com/reverendroysvoodoolounge/

• kes152
    kes152

My dear GodRules,

you said:

"He paid a high price, his Son, in order to forgive our sins."

Actually, that is incorrect. Jesus paid the high price, his own blood, so that we would BELONG to HIM. We were once Jehovah's [witnesses] but have now become Jesus'.

John 17:6
    Acts 1:8

You will take close note, that after Jesus was glorified, NO ONE was known as Jehovah's witness, but now Jesus' witness. Why? Because Jesus BOUGHT Jehovah's witnesses to become his personal witnesses. This is why in the Greek scriptures.. you will NEVER see "Jehovah's witnesses" but you WILL see "witnesses TO Jesus."

Revelation 12:17
    Revelation 2:13
    Acts 1:8
    Revelation 19:10

Jesus bought us with his own blood, so that we would belong, NOT to an organization, nor to be in ASSOCIATION with a SPIRIT DIRECTED ORGANIZATION, nor to a man, nor to a "group of men" who call themselves 'anointed,' but solely to Christ. We are to be HIS and ONLY his. No one else's. Our WHOLE 'basis' for life (including everlasting life) is Him, constantly. We are to have Jesus before our eyes constantly.

disassociation only makes things worst, because you are saying by your actions that Jehovah will not forgive you.

Would YOU be willing to get difellowshipped for the sake of Jesus? Would you leave if Jesus asked you to? She/he can 'disassociate' and become the 'sole' property of Jesus and thus, his Father.

Peace to you!
    Aaron

• Shane
    Shane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone out there ease my mind? I am about to disassociate myself and feel so scared. What if I'm making the wrong decision? Will it be worse for me at armageddon? What do I do when I am "out"? I feel so alone. I will miss my only two good friends in the cong. Will Satan have fair prey on me now? Its a very hard thing to do.
    Aud8
    First Audrey, you can now meet new friends, and God is NOT going kill you dear. If all you got is two friends at the Kingdom Hall then that's sad, there are a lot of nice humans on this earth. Don't be afraid of Armageddon, let God be your judge, no man is able to do that contrary to what they say, Jehovah and Jesus is the judge Jehovah's witness's are a harsh group they are not for the meek and mild they only swallow them, get out and live your life now.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

why should one have to continue playing by their rules. If you are female, you are welcome to join [email protected], a support list of over 200 ladies & growing every day. It's kinda like voodoo, once you stop playing the game, it loses all it's power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit