Which would you choose: Being born or the WTS never having existed?

by Elsewhere 16 Replies latest jw friends

• chappy
    chappy
    I don't think our parents having sex and procreating had anything to do with the WTS.

Ever heard of the butterfly effect? If that one particular ovum hadn't met up with that one particular sperm your parents offspring wouldn't have been you. Anything that would have affected the timing of that one in a million matchup would have resulted in someone else.

Seen the movie "The Butterfly Effect"? Great flick!!

chappy

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

The fact is ,for some people,the present is created partly by the past,so yes,we do live in the present,but every action has a reaction.I was allowed to drop out of high school due to the fact education was considered a worldly pursuit.I have nagging health problems from being forced to play sports that were unsupervised,without proper equipment or coaching.I have a divided family which creates stress in my life.

EVERYTHING in my life from the age of 1-17 was geared toward the religion.How can you just forget that,how can you just pickup your bootstraps and move forward totally.If some have ,that's great,but again,for some it was worse than others.I could careless about the borg now,it doesn't run my life,but it did at one time,and the effects are still there.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I sh*t, therefore I am!

If I fart in woods and no one is there to hear it- does it still stink?

Anger is an understatement of the feelings many here project. There are viewpoints here that are homicidal, suidicidal and genocidal. These people don't feel this way for no reason. Someone (or some org.) has ABUSED these poor souls (I'm one). I think that in many cases these feelings are not only warranted but appropriate to the injustices perpetrated. I some times wonder what would happen if there was no structure in place to protect these "perpetraters". We'd be in the streets with torches and pitchforks hunting some of these bastards down.

Thank "God" we're made (pc/ or "evolved") with a sense of humor. Without it we just wouldn't make it as a species, I'm sure.

I am however GLAD that the sperm and egg that became me met! WoohooMe, myself and I...

It's good to be me,

u/d

• Mary
    Mary
    I don't think our parents having sex and procreating had anything to do with the WTS.

My parents NEVER had sex!! How dare you suggest such a thing!! Like my fathers father and his father before him, they were celebate all their lives........... Now let us never speak of this again!!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

All I know is, if someone hadn't posted this particular question, we wouldn't be here debating the answer to it. I might actually have gotten some more work done!

Let's face it, THERE ARE NO WHAT IFS IN LIFE.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yes, I frequently torture myself with "what if?" scenarios. But I guess people don't spend too much time thinking "what if?" about worse outcomes, just potentially better ones. I can't remember who it was that said, "be thankful not only for what you have, but also for what you've managed to avoid."

I guess the lesson here is that we all have something to be thankful for, despite the situation we find ourselves in.

• frozen one
    frozen one

This is an interesting topic.

I am a summer baby so I was conceived during the fall. Most likely this was a direct result of a cold front moving into the region from Canada ("Blame Canada! Blame Canada!") which caused my parents to snuggle...one thing led to another...I really don't want to think about this. What would have happened if the cold front had stalled? I would not be here. What if because of the cold weather my older siblings had wanted to sleep with my parents? I would not be here, I hope. What if the cold weather had come a day sooner or later? I would not be here. There are a lot of variables to this particular equation. I guess in the end I am glad I am alive no matter what the exact circumstances were that led to my conception.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit