Hospital's test of new blood worries JWs

by funkyderek 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• undercover
    undercover
    He also suggested that Jehovah's Witnesses may want to consider wearing their medical directive cards around their necks or display them in some other way so they are conspicuous to emergency medical personnel.

This made me spew my coffee. LOL. I could just see them wearing those cards around their necks. It would be like having to wear the stupid name cards at assemblies. They might as well have "JW" tattooed onto their foreheads.

We laugh, but at the same time it's a little scary. Let's single out these people who refuse to fall in line with what we believe and make them wear ID tags so that we can tell who they are.

Somebody else did that one time, cept he made JWs sew little purple triangle patches on theirs clothes.

• GetBusyLiving27
    GetBusyLiving27

Yeah but the jews never had a choice. The dub's do.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yes, the JWs may need to start wearing a mark on their right hand or on their forehead...

As to the WTS allowing the use of Hemoglobin transfusions, they should be seriously scrutinized for this. It is a blatant injustice to all who died for not being able to accept red blood cells (that's close to everyone who has died).

QUESTION OF THE NEW MILLENIUM:

***What the heck is the difference (scriptural or practical) between RBC and Hemoglobin transfusions?***

THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION IS SO CRITICAL IT AMOUNTS TO THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH.

These new products are the "out" for the WTS!!!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

http://www.northfieldlabs.com/polyheme.html

That is the link to the company who makes PolyHeme and it describes the product which they state is made from "human blood" ... I really wonder what this will do to the hard-core JWs who don't like grey areas... I emailed my mom the newspaper article link and the link to the company.

• TruthBringer
    TruthBringer

First of all it is "INTRAvenous" not "INTER" and no, it is not the same as ingesting. If that was the case, it would have been rejected by the orthodox Jews years ago.

Are you saying you are more knowledgable about the scriptures than the orthodox Jews?

I said "recently realized" since lots of elders finally realized that the prophecy test in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 have failed the JW prophecies (A true prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and predicts future things which come to pass. A false prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and predicts future things which do not come to pass).

The 1889 issue, "The Time is at Hand," page 101 states, "The battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced." This 1914 prediction of Christ's return never came true.

Then the Watch Tower predicted that Christ would return in 1925. The 1918 issue of, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die," p. 89 states, "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the apostle in Hebrews 11 to the condition of human perfection." This proved to be another false prophecy.

The Watch Tower made a third prophecy of the return of Christ; this one was to occur in 1975. The August 15, 1968, issue of, Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?, p. 494, predicted the return of Christ in 1975. Once again the Witnesses were shown to be false prophets. If the Witnesses don't believe these articles are real, tell them to look them up in their church's library.

Another interesting prophecy is found on page 154 of their book You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth. Here they state, "Some of the generation living in 1914 will see the end of the system of things and survive it." Most of the 1914 generation are dead, and the few remaining are very old.

In just a few years, the Watch Tower will again have another false prophecy.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Doug Menner, associate director of hospital information services for the church's national headquarters in Brooklyn, N.Y., said church leaders will allow members to make their own decisions regarding use of PolyHeme

For me, that is a critical quote..After the recent comments about consciece and accepting minor fractions only, many may have felt that this type of blood substitute would be frowned apon , even though within the stict guidelines.. But if the spokesman for rge HLC says it is "Up to your own decision" then I guess it would be ok.- despite what sister-the-ex nurse has to say.

Re I D tags, why should they not have one if it is important to them In fact I had one at one time as a straight up dub .it also carried useful info in case of emergency. I have thought of getting another one to say " I will take blood if my life is seriously threatened, despite what the family might tell you"

TruthBringer seems a little behind the ball here.. perhaps it would be a good idea to get the measure of the board first..But Welome anyway.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but having lost 2.5 litres of blood on one occassion and survived by the skin of my teeth I feel I have the right to be a bit pissed about the WTBTS constant 'new light' on blood fractions.

I fully understand - blood doctrine is stupid - whatever the current doctrine is

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    "There are several hundred Jehovah's Witnesses in Cumberland County, all of whom I feel certain would refuse this type of transfusion," Grifford said.

Talk about living in a state of unreality.

SNG

• glitter
    glitter

I would take regular blood and I would this, but I wouldn't take that cow blood one. The idea is icky - I don't eat meat because the *idea* grosses me out. As a last resort when I'm unconscious I can see me caring either way though.

• TruthBringer
    TruthBringer

TickledPink "What do you mean by RECENTLY REALIZED? Who realized this recently? JWs have always used those scriptures and said ingesting blood through your stomach was just the same as ingesting it intervenously."

OK.. next time you need blood transfusion, just drink some and see if it is the same :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit